Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2021, 09:07 AM

Default Pro Tools Waveform Representation Copyright

Hi everyone!

I'm a Pro Tools user and I am wondering about the copyright attached to the representation of waveforms in Pro Tools. I am starting my own website to sell sound effects, and I need a representation of the waveform for each audio track I sell, to attach to the product pages for these items on my website. Does anyone know the answer to this- if I screenshot the waveform of the track in Pro Tools, crop it, so it's just the waveform of the sound, and use this image on my website, am I breaching Avid's copyright rules? If not, does anyone have any other solutions to this idea? Or who to contact at Avid regarding this query?

Thanks!