Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-13-2009, 05:29 PM

Default selling a waves bundle...

can someone please enlighten me on how to sell a waves bundle without paying $150 per license?

thanks

sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum
Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 PM

Default Re: selling a waves bundle...

Buy a $30 iLok and put the waves license on it, and sell that. However, the person on the receiving end will not have it in their own name, can't upgrade and I can't imagine why on earth they would agree to buy an asset that way.

Otherwise, you're screwed. Pay the $150 or make the buying party do it.

There are no 'secret' shortcuts around it.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

I think you can transfer iLok license to another user for $25. Check out ilok.com

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 07-13-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzoid View Post
can someone please enlighten me on how to sell a waves bundle without paying $150 per license?

thanks

sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum
It's $150 total as long as you transfer all the licenses within a set time period. Since it's a bundle you won't be selling multiples licenses so it won't even make a difference. It will be the one $150 transfer fee to Waves and then $25 to Ilok.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboymusic View Post
It's $150 total as long as you transfer all the licenses within a set time period. Since it's a bundle you won't be selling multiples licenses so it won't even make a difference. It will be the one $150 transfer fee to Waves and then $25 to Ilok.
hey badboy,

thanks for the info. I thought this was the dealio. they make it so you can't really even consider selling them. I got off of waves a long time ago and bought a bundle for a specific project (where I had to recall other mixes) that I thought would last a lor longer. It's over and I would love to recoup, but it's borderline whether it's even worth it.

thanks again.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:30 PM

I feel your pain. I have an IR-1 and Musician's Bundle I can't sell because I never have a buyer for both at the same time.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 AM

Thanks for the info , someone have sold ? where and how to pay that 150$ to waves ?
someone have the waves support mail for ask?? I tryed on the site but seems that for contact them i must have the Waves update plan .
Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 AM

Tank,

This thread is from 2009. Things have changed a lot.

Waves no longer uses Ilok. The $150 fee applies only to products that are $700 and higher (MSRP). Which means what the selling price is if there are no sales going on (very important to remember).

And yes, the product you are selling needs to be current with WUP. And be aware that Waves has lowered their prices a lot in recent years, and your price you asked for when selling used needs to reflect that. That could be a shock if you bought a long time ago at a much higher price.

You will need to call Waves and have them do the license transfer, as they are the only ones that can do it, since Ilok is no longer used.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 AM

If you're selling *ALL* your plugs and are using V9 (no iLok) then just un-authorize your computer and give the buyer the password to your Waves account. As soon as (s)he changes password, the plugin ownership changes.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
If you're selling *ALL* your plugs and are using V9 (no iLok) then just un-authorize your computer and give the buyer the password to your Waves account. As soon as (s)he changes password, the plugin ownership changes.
While that works for many. I just sold a bundle to a guy that wanted it in his pre existing account. So I had to go through the whole WUP and transfer fee process. I didn't make much after all was said and done, but it feels good to be waves free.