Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 06-19-2021, 09:17 PM

Default EuControl - Hidden Tracks now appear in Assign-To List

It seems somewhere the behaviour of the "Assign Page" has changed and I cant find how to revert to the old behaviour.

Hidden tracks are appearing in the pull-down menu of the "Assign-To" section on the Assign Page. Previous versions this list would only show visible tracks, allowing for quicker setup when you have hundreds of channels. I can see a new general preference section to "Show hidden tracks in" but this doesnt change the list.

Am I missing something? Has a new feature / method of creating a Layout been added?

Thanks, Tony.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:03 AM
Avid

Default Re: EuControl - Hidden Tracks now appear in Assign-To List

Yes, for Hidden tracks to work EUCON needs al tracks sent across from the DAW. I'll look to see if this list can be improved. have you tried Layout assign from the Control App ?
Old 06-20-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes, for Hidden tracks to work EUCON needs al tracks sent across from the DAW. I'll look to see if this list can be improved. have you tried Layout assign from the Control App ?
Hi Eddie, thanks for the Sunday reply!

Thats a shame as we had adapted to that workflow of hiding tracks to speed layout creation. Just checked out the Control app again on an iPad Pro and it looks like its come a long way. I can see that the layout assign mode could be great.

Unfortunately, when I bring the iPad online the S3 OLED displays get borked. I can recall Layouts on the S3, and the S3 Faders change but the OLEDs remain frozen. The Meters on the S3 fader strip work fine, but the OLED Meters are also frozen. After about 10-30secs, the OLEDs catch up and then show the correct channel data.

• Removing the iPad control app restores the S3 to correct behaviour.
•*Removing and re-adding the Control app in EuControl refreshes the S3 OLEDs and they work for 5-10secs then freeze / lag again.

I am running latest PT / EuCon / iPad 12.9 gen3 latest iOS / latest Control.app / MacOS Catalina / well maintained audio wifi network in controlroom. S3 & Transport.

thanks, Tony.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:03 PM

Actually - it seems like I now have somehow introduced a bug with the S3 OLEDs. They are now freezing even without the Control App online. Any thoughts?

Last edited by teedeecee; 06-20-2021 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:29 AM
Avid

I have not heard of this. Have you power cycled the S3?
Old 06-21-2021, 02:27 PM

Hi Eddie, yes, numerous times.

I am in the final week of delivering a project, and am happy to give this issue some proper focus when thats done, however I feel this behaviour is related to CPU load. This session is quite large at 350+ tracks and the CPU is quite loaded. I am diligent at managing the load with commits / freezing etc, but it appears that the additional load of another EuCon endpoint is tipping the whole system over the edge.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:51 PM
Avid

Yes, that could be it, The OLED graphics are drawn on the workstation and then passed down to the surface. But I haven't heard of this on the S3 before. We have fixed some slow drawing issues in the upcoming release but it doesn't sound like this is what you are seeing. Maybe post a link to a video?
Old 06-21-2021, 02:58 PM

Thanks for the insight - that makes complete sense and the sluggish drawing updates certainly correlate with CPU load, whereas the Faderstrip meters don't lag.

I hadn't considered that the displays were drawn on the host ( how do you send the image data across the IP network? ) I have used various USB libraries to drive external screens like the Ableton Push and Elgato StreamDeck do - but never seen an IP based lib.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:07 AM

Hey Eddie,
I just wanted to chime in on this.
I have the same issue where my assign list has become a lot less manageable.
It would be great to have an option in prefs to show only visible tracks in that list.