Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Track Input Monitoring Toggle?

Hi, getting my head around the C24 and loving it. What a great surface this thing is, pleased I got one.

I've got record arming down, but is there any way to toggle the track input monitoring button from the C24, I've looked in the manual and fiddled with various modifier combinations, searched on here, but nada.

Also, on the peripherals/ethernet controllers page, what is the purpose of the coloured boxes to the left of each field in the controller list? Is this to enable changing the highlighting colour of the track name which indicates it's up on the C24?

If so how do I change the colour for my C24, at the moment the highlighting is dark blue, on field #1, if I try to move it to field #2 it just reverts back to field #1?

I've looked for this too, to no avail.

Thanks
J
Old 05-09-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Track Input Monitoring Toggle?

for the track input monitoring hold the ctl button on the bottom left of the board, then hit Monitor I/O above the first 2 rotary encoders. This will display the input status on each channel in the scribble strip. press the button under the encoder to change it.

as far as the colors, I don't really know the purpose. I would assume easier identification. With other boards like Pro Control, D-command, and Icon, you have multiple sections of the board (edit pack, fader modules) which you identify in that window. The control 24 only show up as one unit which is why it only lists it in number one.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 05-10-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Track Input Monitoring Toggle?

Thanks jre, I had tried the Monitor I/O button, but not with the ctrl button, I think I probably tried everything else, typical! It's always right under your nose isn't it!

That makes sense about the highlighting now, re D-Control etc, I tried redefining the colour, but it won't let me do that either. If you had a D-Control, presumably the different sections would highlight in the different pre-defined colours, which would be very helpful I imaging.

I'm sure I saw on a Digi picture somewhere the channels on screen all lit up in blue, which I took to mean that this is what happens when they are on the C24, but I've discovered the ability in 7.3 to colourize the tracks globally, which is great, and suspect that it is this that I saw in the picture, not what I had thought which is that you could define a colour to apply to the whole track strip (x24) to indicate the banking on the C24.

Thanks for clearing that up.
J