Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-10-2007, 05:48 AM

Default FADER FUDGE-QUICKSAND - CANNOT REALLY ADJUST DURING PLAYBACK

I have a track up right now - 12 tracks only and the faders are extremely hard to move during playback. My Windows machine is 2.9 ghz, 4 gigs of ram and I have a super fast Seagate 400 gig firewire drive for sessions and my programs are on the system drive.

I am not pulling extensive samples - other than the track specific WAV files - geeze, maybe "normalizing" each track down to one WAV file will help huh? - on anything except Strike but those are memory resident.

I am finding I have to stop the track to make most fader adjustments. I have tried defragging the drive - I 'm thinking I might have to move the "audio files" directory on each session to another drive?? (how to do that and get PT to figure that one out, I dunno)

MY supposition would be that these are the breaks with LE, but I read on here about people running massive sessions, I just don't see how and I haven't even started talking about plugin loads. I disable them all when I am in the muck and it doesn't really change much though at 12 tracks with a plugin on each track or so I do get static junk occasionally.

BY the way what is DC offset in the Audiosuite?

Comments?

Thanks.