Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2022, 04:06 PM

Default Re: New DAD interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
You can't move to an AX64 without losing a bunch of functionality though. No video sync peripheral ports, no digilink expansion options, no onboard AES. I wonder where the new Avid Sync box sits in with all this, or... maybe it just doesn't.
Ah, true. You would hope they could tunnel the DigiSerial protocol over Thunderbolt, it's not like there's a bandwidth or latency constraint.

How about a MTRX that had Thunderbolt, SPQ and Dante on-board, with support for frame-accurate sync (remembering the MTRX can accept VBB on its WC input)? With AES instead of ADAT I/O.

Probably the only thing I would add is some extra WC outputs... but those could be on a card.

I guess it really depends whether Avid is going to go deeper into the hardware business (i.e. the replacement for the MTRX will be the evolution of Carbon), or not.
Old 05-02-2023, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
Just a friendly reminder that there is no need to be concerned about MTRX lifespan at this stage. It is a fantastic box with lots of life ahead of it.

With all of the connections already available to MTRX, would the TB3 even be of interest?

m
Weird to read back this post , only written less than a year before this very MTRX became an EOL product.
Old 05-03-2023, 09:37 AM

Indeed, trust comes on foot and leaves on horseback.
Old 05-03-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
Indeed, trust comes on foot and leaves on horseback.
Exactly
Old 05-03-2023, 06:29 PM

Maybe he meant the ‘MTRX platform’
Old 05-04-2023, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
Maybe he meant the ‘MTRX platform’
Yes, indeed, I guess he said ‘would the Thunderbolt 3 connection even be of interest?’ about the current MTRX line up

Fun fact, I came across this post because someone at gearspace in a pro tools thread stated that Mark was actively informing users about the delay compensation issues that pro tools has. Couldn’t find too much about it, but I did came across this one though.

The most ironic part perhaps is that I’d like to have a Thunderbolt MTRX unit because of those stupid delay compensation issues in pro tools, e.g. to have the I/O of the MTRX natively available in other DAWS without having to add some interface in between that'll add additional samples of latency. I just want to produce some music without the whole timing falling apart when inserting sample heavy delay plugins in a session. Literally all daws in the world -except pro tools- do this appropriately.

Last edited by RobertDorn; 05-04-2023 at 05:45 AM.