How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2011, 01:39 AM

Default Help with I/O Assignment for Tascam US-800 Interface

I am trying to use the Tascam US-800 with PT 9, and I am having an issue recording from all the inputs. The US-800 has 8 inputs, but I can only record inputs 1 & 2. The rest show as active inputs (yellow) that I can select and assign to tracks in the PT 9 edit window, but I get no signal from the mic. I know the mic inputs are working because I can see the levels on the software control panel for the interface, on the instrument front panel, and hear them through the headphone. I have also recorded each individual input with Cubase; so I know the hardware works.

I am using the ASIO4ALL driver to interface the US-800 with PT because of incompatible latency settings between the two. I have successfully recorded with the Tascam US-1641 interface with this configuration in PT with no issue and assumed that there would be no issue with the US-800.

I’m wondering if there is some issue with signal routing in PT that I’m overlooking. I read the PT9 reference and thought I assigned everything right, but I could have missed something simple. I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Max
-------------------