Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 07-14-2012, 09:35 PM

Default Eleven Rack, items missing from the box?

Hello Eleven Rack users,
I would appreciate assistance from you in the following matter. I bought Eleven Rack w/Pro Tools in Canada a few days ago. It was on display in the store behind the glass for some time. I don't know if customers were allowed to try it. I didn't ask. Since it was the only one they had in the store, I bought it even though I never do that. Whenever I buy brand new electronic stuff I always buy it from unopened, originally sealed box. Here the box was opened, and I think that at least two items are missing.
As for the items which were in the Eleven Rack's box: 1. Avid Audio Device Drivers disk version 9.0.2. 2. Power Cord in the plastic bag with the label: U. S. Power Cord 6005-20017-00. 3. USB cable in the plastic bag with the label: Japan Power Cord 6005-56060-00. Plus whole bunch of paper work and stuff.
The items I think might be missing: 1. Pro Tools installer disk. 2. Japan Power Cord 6005-56060-00.
Why I think that the Pro Tools installer disk is missing?
I downloaded Pro Tools 10 and Avid Virtual Instruments from AVID's webpage. After completing download I read in Intro To Pro Tools 10.0 pdf. file that Demo Sessions are available on Pro Tools installer disk. Since I have problems with setting up this whole thing, I need those Demo Sessions, but the disk isn't there.
As for the Japan Power Cord, I don't think that is just other name for USB cable which was in that bag. If Pro Tools installer disk, and Japanese power cord were supposed to be in the box, then I want it because I paid for it.
I would appreciate if someone let me know if those items which I mentioned as missing, were included in his/her unopened Eleven Rack w/Pro Tools box
Thanks!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack, items missing from the box?

The Eleven Rack use to include PT LE8 in the box, but since the move to PT9 and 10 I do not think they include a physical disc anymore, but they do include an iLok.

As far as a Japan Power cord, never heard of it, it wasn't in my box.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-15-2012, 05:17 AM

Hi Benoni,
Thanks for your response. The newest version of iLok was in the box. But I wonder, if nowadays Pro Tools installer disk is not included, then how do I get access to Pro Tools demo sessions which are on that disk in Additional Files folder, would you have a suggestion?
Besides, on the box of my Eleven Rack, there are blue labels with printed info in large white letters: "FREE UPDATE TO PRO TOOLS 10", and with smaller letters: "Upon registration of included PT9 software". So, there you go.
As I mentioned in my original post, there was only Avid Audio Device Drivers disk in the box.
As for Japanese power cord, perhaps the guys in the store misplaced original little plastic bag for Eleven Rack's USB cable, and they used empty bag for Japanese power cord.
Would you remember if USB cable for your Eleven Rack was packed in some sort of plastic bag?
Cheers!
P.S. I checked behind me, and you weren't there
Old 07-15-2012, 06:01 AM

When you register your software activation code, you will have access to download the demo session as well as the protools software.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM

When i bought Eleven Rack 3 weeks ago it came with an usb,Pro Tools package( Software Download (no dvd) Activation card,ilok,instructions)
Eleven Rack user guide,Avid Audio Device Drivers on a dvd,US Power cord and Japan Power Cord..But im from Norway (Europe) so non of those work over here..Anyway i had one of those cords laying around so no big deal..
Old 07-16-2012, 02:09 AM

Hello Gjermundsen and nst7,
Thanks for your response. Below are the downloads to which I have access now. I use Mac so I downloaded PT 10.2 installer for Mac, and Avid Virtual Instruments 10 installer (Mac). But as you see there aren't any links to demo sessions here, also, there aren't any demo sessions in downloaded files.
Downloads
Pro Tools 10.2 Installation Guide (PDF)
Pro Tools 10.2 Read Me - Mac (PDF)
Pro Tools 10.2 Read Me - Windows (PDF)
Pro Tools 10.2 Installer (Mac)
Pro Tools 10.2 Installer (Win)
Avid Virtual Instruments 10 Installer (Mac)
Avid Virtual Instruments 10 Installer (Win)
Big Fish Dance DJ Loops
Big Fish Hip Hop Loops
Big Fish Jazz Loops
Big Fish Pop Rock Loops
Big Fish R&B Funk Loops
Big Fish Rock Hard Loops
Big Fish World Loops
The guy in the store did some digging around, and he found website with PT demo sessions. He e-mailed me three links, they download Zip files, and this website is full of valuable info. The iLok is required to play these sessions.
http://www.transaudiogroup.com/507-demo-files
http://www.transaudiogroup.com/bocka...195-demo.shtml
http://www.transaudiogroup.com/bocka...1-vs-251.shtml
There are tutorial videoclips on AVID's website about PT 9, but they don't play well, they stop every few seconds, I don't have patience for that, besides, I have PT 10, not PT 9.
All in all I do not like the fact that info in folders and videoclips are not updated. Even videoclips related to Eleven Rack deal with PT 8. AVID should know that this creates confusion. Also, they should know, that if Introduction to Pro Tools (PDF) mentions demo sessions which are located in Additional Files folder On Pro Tools installer disk, I'm gonna look for that disk. And if I don't find it, I start to worry, like where is it?
Box was open, so did someone from the store took it? Did they lose it, break it? Very unprofessional if you ask me.
These things are supposed to be sorted out by AVID, as it is, my relationship with them didn't start on a good note for me. I even was considering the return of Eleven Rack, I simply don't like situations like that.
Cheers guys!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:50 AM

Hello Gjermundsen and nst7,
Thanks for your response. There is no link to demo sessions on Avid’s downloads webpage to which I have access. Also, there is no such link in Pro Tools 10 which I downloaded from Avid’s website.
The guy in the store where I bought my unit did some digging around, and he found website with PT demo sessions. He e-mailed me three links, they download as Zip files. This website contains valuable info regarding PT. The iLok is required to play these sessions.
http://www.transaudiogroup.com/507-demo-files
http://www.transaudiogroup.com/bocka...195-demo.shtml
http://www.transaudiogroup.com/bocka...1-vs-251.shtml
There are tutorial videoclips on AVID's website about PT 9, but they don't play well, they stop every few seconds, I don't have patience for that, besides, I have PT 10, not PT 9.
All in all I do not like the fact that info in folders and videoclips are not updated. Even videoclips related to Eleven Rack deal with PT 8. AVID should know that this creates confusion. Also, they should know, that if Introduction to Pro Tools (PDF) mentions demo sessions which are located in Additional Files folder On Pro Tools installer disk, I'm gonna look for that disk. And if I don't find it, I start to worry, like where is it?
Box was open, so did someone from the store took it? Did they lose it, break it? Very unprofessional if you ask me.
These things are supposed to be sorted out by AVID, as it is, my relationship with them begun on a sour note. I even was considering the return of Eleven Rack.
Cheers!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:46 AM

This question is directed to moderator(s).
Why is it that my last two posts are still held by you?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:14 AM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco

Sorry, I'm far from being a moderator, but I'd love to try and help.

Demo Sessions are bundled in the installers buddy. At least on Mac. Open up the installer .dmg, (on windows i guess it would be the .exe) There should be an extra folder titled "Additional Files" or something to that effect.

In there you should find a Demo Session folder. Copy that whole folder to wherever you keep your sessions, and done. The PT10 demo is a .ptx file as well, so its different than the PT9 one.

Happy Tooling!
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack
Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 PM

Hello moderators,
I see that you finally allowed my entries from July 16, and July 17, 2012 appear in the forum. I thought that you didn't allow the first one from July 16 to appear right away because it was too long, and that there is some critique towards Avid in it. So I cut the second post from July 17 in half, but I left critique part intact. You didn't allow that one to appear right away either. In both cases when I clicked on "Post Quick Reply" button, the info flashed across the screen telling me that moderators have to look at my entry before posting it. Now my entries don't make much sense, it looks like I'm repeating myself for no reason. I posted a direct question to you on July 18, 2012 asking why you still holding my entries? You never responded to it. TuneCore.com forum is different.
Moderators there deal with multitude of entries from TuneCore clients/members/users by responding to them, trying to help as much as they can. Especially when they're addressed directly. They respond by posting their reply in the forum, and depending on the nature of the issue, by direct e-mail. That way TuneCore client/member/user have a choice to either keep discussion open in the forum, or keep it private by e-mail. Honestly, I'm not used to be ignored like that