Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2011, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack expansion pack serial "already activated"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
What are you talking about installing? If you purchased the new 11R bundle the ERXP is already pre-installed on the unit.

This thread was about when you could only get the ERXP by download and then install it on your computer in order to update the firmware.

You are fine. As said, PT can be installed on as many PC's as you wish.

If the PC you are working at does not have the UI files for the 11R window in PT then just run the first section of the ERXP. You can download the ERXP here:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=425171
I have just purchased an iMac. I have ProTools LE 8 loaded and updated to 8.05. I can not seem to get my expansion pack items back on my eleven rack. I tried moving the expansion pack zip file over from my old PC but it will not run on my mac. I also tried the link you provided and it ask for the serial number and system ID. I put in the serial number that is on the back of my eleven rack but I have no idea what the system ID is?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewb1 View Post
I have just purchased an iMac. I have ProTools LE 8 loaded and updated to 8.05. I can not seem to get my expansion pack items back on my eleven rack. I tried moving the expansion pack zip file over from my old PC but it will not run on my mac. I also tried the link you provided and it ask for the serial number and system ID. I put in the serial number that is on the back of my eleven rack but I have no idea what the system ID is?
You need to use the ERXP file for Mac, not the one used for your Windows PC.

You do not need to input any ID or S/N, that was only for those who bought the ERXP, the new bundles have the Firmware updated already, there is no need to run that part of the ERXP.

If you did purchase the ERXP and updated your Eleven Rack to Firmware 2.0.1, then you, as well, do not need to run the Firmware updater again.

After you unzip the download (ERXP) you will run the first section, that is what installs the UI files for Pro Tools, it also places a Firmware updater on your desktop, you DO NOT need to run that firmware updater, it is simply a part of the ERXP updater for those who purchased the ERXP as a download.

Hold EDIT/BACK on your Eleven Rack.

Scroll down to FIRMWARE VERSION and 'Select' it

If your Firmware version is 2.0.x you have the ERXP installed on your Eleven Rack, and all you need is the UI (user interface) files to be placed in the Pro Tools Plugin folder so you can see the new items in the Eleven Rack Window in Pro Tools.

Download the MAC version of the ERXP installer. Run the first section. You are done. Delete the Firmware updater that was placed on your desktop. Open Pro Tools and play.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-27-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
You need to use the ERXP file for Mac, not the one used for your Windows PC.

You do not need to input any ID or S/N, that was only for those who bought the ERXP, the new bundles have the Firmware updated already, there is no need to run that part of the ERXP.

If you did purchase the ERXP and updated your Eleven Rack to Firmware 2.0.1, then you, as well, do not need to run the Firmware updater again.

After you unzip the download (ERXP) you will run the first section, that is what installs the UI files for Pro Tools, it also places a Firmware updater on your desktop, you DO NOT need to run that firmware updater, it is simply a part of the ERXP updater for those who purchased the ERXP as a download.

Hold EDIT/BACK on your Eleven Rack.

Scroll down to FIRMWARE VERSION and 'Select' it

If your Firmware version is 2.0.x you have the ERXP installed on your Eleven Rack, and all you need is the UI (user interface) files to be placed in the Pro Tools Plugin folder so you can see the new items in the Eleven Rack Window in Pro Tools.

Download the MAC version of the ERXP installer. Run the first section. You are done. Delete the Firmware updater that was placed on your desktop. Open Pro Tools and play.
I did purchase the ERXP and I have firmware 1.03...when I tried to open the program downloaded in your link provided, again it required me to enter serial number and ID and would not load anything without those items entered.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I did purchase the ERXP and I have firmware 1.03...when I tried to open the program downloaded in your link provided, again it required me to enter serial number and ID and would not load anything without those items entered.
You just now purchased the ERXP or you had it before?

You said in your original message, you want to get the ERXP items BACK in the Eleven Rack, implying that you already had them. So if you had them, why do you now not have them?

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-27-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
You just now purchased the ERXP or you had it before?

You said in your original message, you want to get the ERXP items BACK in the Eleven Rack, implying that you already had them. So if you had them, why do you now not have them?
Sorry I purchased the EXRP earlier this year and had a PC based system with LE 8.05. I just bought an iMac and loaded my original ProTools 8.03 software onto the mac and updated to LE 8.05. My Eleven rack is recognized but none of the additional features that came in the ERXP are present. So I assumed I had to run the original eleven rack expansion pack again, but of course the PC version will not work, when I tried to download and run the Mac version, it is requiring a serial number and system ID. The serial number I got off the eleven rack, but I don't know where I am supposed to find a system ID? the program will not run with out the fields being entered.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Sorry I purchased the EXRP earlier this year and had a PC based system with LE 8.05. I just bought an iMac and loaded my original ProTools 8.03 software onto the mac and updated to LE 8.05. My Eleven rack is recognized but none of the additional features that came in the ERXP are present. So I assumed I had to run the original eleven rack expansion pack again, but of course the PC version will not work, when I tried to download and run the Mac version, it is requiring a serial number and system ID. The serial number I got off the eleven rack, but I don't know where I am supposed to find a system ID? the program will not run with out the fields being entered.
I think you are over thinking this. If your physical Eleven Rack Unit had been updated to firmware 2.0.1 before, there is NO NEED to try to run the Firmware update again. The Firmware update is what requires an ID and S/N, the first section that you click after de-compressing is what installs the UI files, it only shows on screen for a sec or 2, then spits out the FIRMWARE updater, again you do NOT need to run the firmware updater.

So did you ever update your physical 11R with the ERXP when you were using the PC?

Lets take this one step at a time.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-27-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
I think you are over thinking this. If your physical Eleven Rack Unit had been updated to firmware 2.0.1 before, there is NO NEED to try to run the Firmware update again. The Firmware update is what requires an ID and S/N, the first section that you click after de-compressing is what installs the UI files, it only shows on screen for a sec or 2, then spits out the FIRMWARE updater, again you do NOT need to run the firmware updater.

So did you ever update your physical 11R with the ERXP when you were using the PC?

Lets take this one step at a time.
I updated the firmware to 1.03 but never more then that...I didn't even know there was a higher firmware update, and since your first very helpful reply, I have been searching the protools website but I can not find a firmware 2.0.1 download.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:44 PM

It's generally not required to install the firmware updater more than once.

HOWEVER, playing Devil's Advocate, I've replaced my 11R twice due to manufacturer's defects (the first had the clock issue and the second had a ground buzz\hum). In both instances, the 11Rs I received as replacements did NOT include the ERXP, and I had to install it. Doing so was easy enough - I just had to attach the 11R and run the firmware updater, but had I upgraded or changed my computer in the interim, I would have been out of luck.

I suppose, had that occurred, a call would have to be made to Avid, to get new serial/activation codes.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
I updated the firmware to 1.03 but never more then that...I didn't even know there was a higher firmware update, and since your first very helpful reply, I have been searching the protools website but I can not find a firmware 2.0.1 download.
Firmware 2.01 is not a simple "update" from the support site; it is a PURCHASED upgrade - otherwise known as the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack, available here: http://www.avid.com/US/products/Elev...Expansion-Pack .
Old 12-27-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
It's generally not required to install the firmware updater more than once.

HOWEVER, playing Devil's Advocate, I've replaced my 11R twice due to manufacturer's defects (the first had the clock issue and the second had a ground buzz\hum). In both instances, the 11Rs I received as replacements did NOT include the ERXP, and I had to install it. Doing so was easy enough - I just had to attach the 11R and run the firmware updater, but had I upgraded or changed my computer in the interim, I would have been out of luck.

I suppose, had that occurred, a call would have to be made to Avid, to get new serial/activation codes.
I did manage to find my original email with my download instructions from when I bought the ERXP in April, but when I put in the right numbers and try to run it, I get a message saying " license activation failed, please contact an Avid representative for further assistance."