Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2010, 07:23 PM

Question NEED Help with install on XP system

I just updated to a 003 on my Mac and I'm giving my Mbox 2 with PT 7.4 to a friend. The Windows XP machine is a 3.2 GHz system with 1 gig of ram. I purchased the Mbox just before the release of 8 and have a free download for 8.

Here are the issues;
installing 7.4 from the disk, the directions say plug up the Mbox, but ignore the found new hardware message and then go through with the install from the disk. When doing this it gets through most of the the install and then tells me to plug in the USB cable to my Mbox. The directions tell me to do this in the beginning, so I just click OK. Then it ask me to reboot....and then, when the system starts back up, I get the found new hardware message for the Mbox. If I click cancel Windows says error installing new hardware and Pro Tools does not launch...just the hour glass pops up for about 10 seconds and then just goes away.

So now I uninstall and try again...NOT plugging up the Mbox until the install tells me to, but I get the same result.

So now I'm thinking since I have XP with SP3 on this system and the box with 7.4 says SP2, maybe I should try and uninstall 7.4 and go with 8. When I download 8 and decompress the file to click setup, the hour glass just keeps turning and I have to Control alt delete, because the install is not responding. This happens on both 8.0 and 8.3.

Any ideas?

thanks
Mark
Old 07-02-2010, 07:48 PM

Default Re: NEED Help with install on XP system

Just IGNORE the pop ups, dont cancel them. Follow the on screen directions.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-02-2010, 09:12 PM

I have tried both ways and when I ignore all the pop ups and reboot the system after the install, the popup for found new hardware pops up and again, I have ignored it and I have canceled it, but still have the same result.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpilkinton View Post
So now I uninstall and try again...NOT plugging up the Mbox until the install tells me to, but I get the same result.
Keep the hardware hooked up and plugged in before the install. When you do this, Windows will search for a driver. Just ignore that message and install Pro Tools.

And yes, the PT install definitely needs a huge overhaul at some point down the road.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 07-03-2010, 04:17 PM

Thanks guys, I finally got the 8.0.3 to install. Not sure what the deal was with 7.4...I am thinking it was the SP3 update that was installed on this XP machine.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:15 PM

Good to hear you got it going.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit