Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-12-2016, 07:03 AM

Default Error Messages- "Read Only" & "Assertion"

I have a MacBook Pro using Pro-Tools First. I was getting an error message about the Elastic Properties of the clips and they were not "Read Only" I checked some other Forums for some solutions but they were not available to me.

Now, I am getting the following error message when I try to open the project at all.

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/158351/ProTools/NewFileLibs/FF/Audio/FF_AudioFile.cpp", line 1045.

(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.).

I am a little stressed as I feel like the Audio is lost completely. I very green when it comes to Audio and computers. If there is anyone who can assist, I would be very, VERY Grateful!

Kimberly

Pro-Sonus USB Interface, Pro-Tools First 12.3.1.705

Last edited by KimmieMcD33; 11-12-2016 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Add Signature
Old 11-12-2016, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Error Messages- "Read Only" & "Assertion"

Fixed the Read Only Problem but I still cannot get the program to open the old project because of the "Assertion" Error message.

Pro-Sonus USB Interface, Pro-Tools First 12.3.1.705
Old 01-05-2017, 06:04 AM

I am encountering the same issue with the latest version of ProTools First : I cannot open a project and I get the message :
"Could not complete your request because Assertion in"/Volumes/Development/158351/ProTools/NewFileLibs/FF/Audio/FF_AudioFile.cpp", ine 1045."

Trashing the folders from the library did not solve anything. I also try trashing preferences with http://www.petegates.com/

I also got this message : "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document (-20006)."

I am now getting the message :
"Could not complete your request because an error occurred while reading the document."

Any clues would be much appreciated.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:05 AM

Hello! I've got the same problem, even with a project I've been opening and closing several times before the error occured.
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated, I'm pretty desperate to lose all recordings I've already made in said project :-(

Thanks, Sonja
Old 05-23-2017, 03:20 AM

I have had this on occasion and the way i manged to fix it was opening a new blank session and using "import session data" from the session with the problem.

This has always worked for me.