Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-14-2009, 02:56 PM

Unhappy Native Instruments Playing through unreleated Audio Tracks!!!

I could really use some help. I'm running Pro Tools 8 LE on a 2 x3ghz quadcore on leopard. It doesn't happen consistantly, but my Akoustik piano right now is playing through an audiotrack whenever there isn't audio in it. It's really annoying to have the piano constantly doubled through these audio channels because it makes the mix peak and also applies the effects from those channels onto the piano so i have a really annoying distortion on a piano which is playing in 3 or 4 tracks when its only supposed to be playing on the one instrument track.
MBox Original
Pro Tools 7.3.1cs5
Tiger OS X 10.4.11
Old 06-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Avid

Default Re: Native Instruments Playing through unreleated Audio Tracks!!!

If you could give us a bit more information about your system and session and how you have everything configured in it, it would help us troubleshoot. We need a complete description of the problem - from the type of tracks being used to how they're routed, etc.

Please see the Help Us Help You thread for more details.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:30 PM

Although I do not use native Instruments - I believe I have a similar, related problem. On 2 occasions I have opened a reasonably large (mostly) instrument based session (multiple Boom, Xpand2, miniGrand etc) and have found sounds from one instrument being triggered and played out through another instrument track. For example - I had the midi notes on a BOOM track being played by a synth sound loaded in Xpand2. The only way I could get rid of the problem was to quit and reload the session. Once reloaded, the tracks played back fine. My System is MacPro 8 core, 003, 4.5G RAM, OS10.5.6. PT8LE up to date.

After telling a colleague about this last week he also reported the very same problem on another predominantly all instrument based session over the weekend that had a miniGrand playing back BOOM notes. His setup is PTHD2, MacPro Quad Core and OS10.5.7 PT8HD fully up to date.

I don't believe this is a Native Instruments issue as it is obviously affecting Digi based plugins as well.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:40 PM

I have a MacPro with 16 gigs of ram. MBox 2 Pro running through two JBL LSR speakers.

In the current project I'm working on the Acoustic Piano Instrument track is playing through all the audio tracks that don't have audio recorded on them. My temporary solution was recording silence over the sections where the instruments didn't play.

There is also a lot of distortion and crackling that happens seemingly randomly.

When the track isn't playing I'm also getting a lot of distortion on BFD2 and Kontakt when I play them or preview notes in the midi editor. When I press play the instruments play fine.

There is no routing really. It's pretty much tracks running into the master.

I've run into the problem with the PT instruments too, but it happens more with NI.

3rd party Plug-ins in use include: Gforce MTron, Xpand, Wavearts Masterverb BFD2, Kontakt, Akoustik, Izotope Ozone, and Line 6 Pod Farm.

There are firewire drives hooked up, but they are not mounted at the moment. This problem has occurred with them unplugged.

USB devices include Novation Remote 37SL, M-Audio Uno Midi device, Line 6 Pro XT Pro

Here is an image of my mixer lay out:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../Picture19.png
MBox Original
Pro Tools 7.3.1cs5
Tiger OS X 10.4.11
Old 06-17-2009, 11:09 AM

any ideas people?
MBox Original
Pro Tools 7.3.1cs5
Tiger OS X 10.4.11
Old 06-18-2009, 09:43 PM

is it really that hopeless?
MBox Original
Pro Tools 7.3.1cs5
Tiger OS X 10.4.11
Old 03-18-2010, 12:41 AM

I am having the same issue. One Instrument Track with a Native Instrument Virtual Instrument plug in and it plays on all the audio tracks. I've tried closing down protools, rebooting... nothing helps (except playing the sounds through Kontact 4 player, see below). Something serious and strange is happening.

I did find this post concerning Native Instruments:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...ve+instruments

It suggests using the Kontact 4 player when using the Akoustic Piano or Electrik Piano plugins. It does seem that those are the plugins that I'm using when this glitch happens. It's a shame because I like the interface of the individual plugins better than the Kontact 4 Player. But I guess as long as I can get the sounds, that is what matters.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:55 PM

I'm not sure if this is related, but I've found that if I try to use multiple audio outputs of a single instance of Kontakt, Pro Tools tends to "loose track" of the outputs and start re-routing things willy nilly. Not fun. Been happening since ver 2, currently on 3.5. Granted, v3.5 is not qualified in Pro Tools 8, so perhaps they've addressed this problem in 4. Though I doubt it. The same behavior occurs using Spectrasonic Stylus.

To get around it I now simply use a new instance of Kontakt for each instrument (or category of instruments) that I need. With only a single stereo output per instance, I have no problems.