Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 04:55 AM

Default dae can\'t get audio from the disks-error 9073

hi my name is andrew and my problem is i am running protools 6.1 on my laptop

Digi Hardware: digi 002`
PTLE Version: 6.1
Laptop Name and Model #: pentium 4 2.8ghz
Ram type and Amt.: 512 ddr ram
Hard Drive Config.: 60 gb internal
Firewire Card or Conection (Name and Model#): via ohci host controller
external 160 gb maxtor one touch firwire drive

the problem i get is an error message of 9073 'dae can't get audio from the disk fast enough.your disk is too slow or too fragmented.a firwire disk could be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or cpu load'

i am in the middle of recording two albums and have had to cancel session after session, have resorted to recording into cubase sx for the moment but is not as easy to mix as protools. i have tweaked and tweaked for hours and am losing the rhyme and reason.the laptop only has one firewire port so i am plugging that into the drive and then the drive into the digi 002, which digidesign says is ok, i am writing here as i have rang digidesign ten times and been on hold for over an hour each time with no answer.i also recorded to the internal drive for a couple of sessions but started to get error about buffer size so went out and bought the extra storage.

i am sorry for the long thread but it is hard to explain the problem in a few words

thanx andrew
dublin,ireland
Old 06-15-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: dae can\'t get audio from the disks-error 9073

Hey, I ran into a similar problem on my first project.

What fixed this particular issue for me, was:

1) upgraded to version 6.4
2) I reformatted the hard drive that I had all my audio files on. I formatted it NTFS, with a 32K allocation size, instead of the default that Windows uses.

I have not had this particular error since.

If you have a bunch of stuff on that FW drive, you'll have to back it all up to CDR's or your system drive. Then you can copy your PT session files back to you audio drive.

Hope this helps.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One