Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 PM

Unhappy Accidentally entered the wrong iLok account

I was trying to get my pro tools 10 working. I had just gotten my iLok and realized that at somepoint during the registration I entered the wrong thing into the iLok account name field.
Now I can't use my software at the moment. I was wondering if there was a way to switch the name of the iLok my account is linked to.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Accidentally entered the wrong iLok account

That sucks dude. LOL
ILOK sucks , it is problems galore when a ILOK issue occurs . If you seriously put your licence in somebody else,s account that could take a while to clear up.

I feel for you but your probably going to have to put up with some crap to fix that issue .
Use the PT demo if you haven't already , just for now.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P,B,S View Post
That sucks dude. LOL
ILOK sucks , it is problems galore when a ILOK issue occurs . If you seriously put your licence in somebody else,s account that could take a while to clear up.

I feel for you but your probably going to have to put up with some crap to fix that issue .
Use the PT demo if you haven't already , just for now.
If he has a buggered iLok account the demo won't do him any good. You still need an iLok for the demo version.

To the OP:
What do you mean by 'I entered the wrong thing into the iLok account name field'? As long as you have written down somewheres what you entered into that field just use that when registering PT. If you successfully completed your iLok account setup, and if you remember what you entered in that field, you should be good to go. If you didn't successfully complete the iLok setup at iLok's site then just start over the whole process.

QAPLA!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:00 AM

My iLok account isn't linked to "my" pro tools account and the longer this takes to fix the longer I fear someone may download my key. When I go onto my avid profile it says my iLok ID is four numbers "XXXX". My iLok ID is not four numbers. It should be similar to my username here. My Pro Tools is registered to the wrong iLok account so no key was in my real iLok account so I have an empty iLok and an unusable pro tools.

I even used up my one free customer service ticket thing and they haven't even bothered responding. Kind of sucks that I made a small mistake that costs me $300

And so far it seems that by the time I get hold of Customer Service, Pro Tools 11 will probably be out. I work all week and I'm on the east coast so its not like I can just call out of work to fix my account here. I've also never heard of a company that makes you pay for customer service. You would think it would go hand in hand with the sale of anything. Yes I did mess up but it shouldn't be so hard to switch the account either in my opinion.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Did you fill out one of these? http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation

I saw this in this thread.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:38 AM

Thanks. I still haven't gotten a response so I gave that a shot. We will see how that goes. I can't believe that it was that easy for me to mess this [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] up. They should have you confirm your iLok info or something and then verified it. That would have made this so much easier.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiZzY View Post
My iLok account isn't linked to "my" pro tools account and the longer this takes to fix the longer I fear someone may download my key. When I go onto my avid profile it says my iLok ID is four numbers "XXXX". My iLok ID is not four numbers. It should be similar to my username here. My Pro Tools is registered to the wrong iLok account so no key was in my real iLok account so I have an empty iLok and an unusable pro tools.

I even used up my one free customer service ticket thing and they haven't even bothered responding. Kind of sucks that I made a small mistake that costs me $300

And so far it seems that by the time I get hold of Customer Service, Pro Tools 11 will probably be out. I work all week and I'm on the east coast so its not like I can just call out of work to fix my account here. I've also never heard of a company that makes you pay for customer service. You would think it would go hand in hand with the sale of anything. Yes I did mess up but it shouldn't be so hard to switch the account either in my opinion.
Your iLok ID doesn't have to be similar to what you use here - it can be anything you want. If you entered 4 numbers into the ID space on iLok.com then that's your ID. I use a totally different entry for my iLok ID then my user name here. I did that mainly for security reasons.

So you work all week and are on the East Coast - bfd. You don't need to call customer service during your work hours. Try calling them when you get home. Besides registration issues are handled through different channels than regular customer service.

Part of the reason it's hard to fix things up, no matter whether it's your fault or not, is to try and limit piracy. I find, if you take your time when doing things like registration and authorizations, and explicitly follow directions, then you should be golden. Keep notes on what you want to enter and where on any form - write these down BEFORE you start entering info. Also - don't depend on the Tab key on the keyboard to move between fields - use your mouse to move the cursor. And watch use of caps as the iLok site is case sensitive IIRC.

QAPLA!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 AM

It really ends up being a BFD to me. I try to have a life but nevertheless I keep having to come back to this. At this point I'm mostly just annoyed because I [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ed it up on something silly like the iLok ID.
The iLok ID I entered is not my real iLok ID. I misunderstood what the field entry thing was asking for.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:28 PM

try making an account with the wrong iLok ID you used.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiZzY View Post
It really ends up being a BFD to me. I try to have a life but nevertheless I keep having to come back to this. At this point I'm mostly just annoyed because I [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ed it up on something silly like the iLok ID.
The iLok ID I entered is not my real iLok ID. I misunderstood what the field entry thing was asking for.
Your iLok ID is whatever you want it to be. Why do you say the one you entered is not your real iLok ID? You don't have to enter in any serial number from the iLok - their system picks that up on it's own. What do you think the ID field was asking for?

QAPLA!