Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Just Stopped Working

My C/8 just quit the other day with no warning. I've had this thing since it first came out. The only time I ever had problems with it was when a fader went bad a couple of years ago. I sent it to Digi still under warranty and they fixed it no charge. I think the surface itself still works fine. It is just not communicating with PTle. I haven't changed anything on my system in a long time. I'm running the 7.1 MPT

It just shows up as a usb audio device. I reinstalled the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled PTle and the C/8 drivers and got nothing. I moved the C/8 to a different usb port and got nothing. I put a external DVD burner on the C/8's usb port and it worked fine.

I keep getting the Protools can't communicate with the C/8 error. In the preferences if I choose the Command/8, I don't get the C/8 surface option anymore. It just says usb audio device.

I don't know what else to do at this point. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com