Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Problem changing sample rates

I'm encountering problems using 96K sample rates, and changing sample rates between 96K and 48K.

When I first setup a new 96K session and switch clock (Big Ben) to 192-Word 96K, I get an error that "a timeout occurred with an audio interface". Then if I toggle back to internal, then back to word 96 it seems fine.

Then if I close the session and make a new 48K session, in the save dialog, as soon as I hit return I get this:

Quote:
Could not complete the new document command because attempt to change gross sample rate with slots in place. (OK)
If I go to the hardware setup dialog after getting that dialog, I get:

Quote:
Could not complete the Hardware Setup command because attempt to change gross sample rate with slots in place. (OK)
However I can reopen my 96K session at that point, but then I get DAE -6075 errors whenever I try to play.

Clock is rock solid. Big Ben and clock cables are good. This only happens when switching to 96K, and then back to 48K.

192 firmware is v3 and Digitest won't update it.

Any ideas what is causing this?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Problem changing sample rates

I posted the same problems 3 days ago. Tech Support is working on it.

Internal is fine but when I clock to 96k ext., Big Ben or my Aphex 1100, PT starts to fall apart and crash.

My New Instructional Mixing DVD 2 is Shipping
www.tonysound.com
http://twitter.com/tonysound
Old 01-24-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Problem changing sample rates

Hi Tony, I just read your thread from a few days ago. Same problem here. Please share any solutions you get from tech support. I'm stumped on this one.