How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Default PT 9 won't Activate for downlaod to Ilok

Hi there.

I'm asking for help here as having purchase a new boxed copy of PT 9 Crossgrade from LE, I am told when i try to Activate via the web, (as required for iLok authorisation):

"Sorry, the code you provided is invalid. Please check for typos and try again, paying particular attention to characters that may look similar (such an "8" and a "B")."

Anybody else had this problem?
Know how best to solve it withtout paying $35 for phone assistance?
For the record of course I have of course triple/quadruple checked the Letters & Numbers combination & that's not the problem.
Any help would be much appreciated as i need to Activate my PT9 a.s.a.p.

Many thanks,
Kev.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:31 PM

Default Re: PT 9 won't Activate for downlaod to Ilok

had the same problem when i bought my copy from sweetwater. had to open a case and finally got a new code from sweetwater. where did you buy pt9 from?
Old 02-06-2011, 06:31 PM

purchasing PT9 gives you a free call to tech support.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:35 PM

There have been two common problems reported here on the DUC.

1. The serial number on the Digidesign interface: Some people reported confusion due to the font used where the A and the R look almost the same. Please check that again.

2. ILok Account Name: Some people mixed up the Account Name with the Account Number. You should enter the Account NAME.

Hope that helps.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 02-08-2011, 03:06 PM

Hi again & thanks to those of you that replied to my problem.

I had left a query with the retailer i bought the boxed version from.
Strangely, when I re-tried yesterday with the same details it authorized first time so still not sure what the initial problem was to be honest- none of the tips given were required as they had already been accounted for & checked.

The free call to tech support that you mentioned OddsAre was only granted to me AFTER I was successfully upgraded, so i still have that for future if needed at least.

I've installed on Windows 7 64 bit even thought it installs in the 32 bit x86 folder of course. My other initial problem was that PT9 wouldn't load at all- until I changed the Windows user settings to give me administrator privelages. I know that is stated in the manual/forums but was confused at first as I installed W7 as an Administrator & set-up my User name/password, which then defaults (I now realise) to all privelages "off"- this simple action could catch out a few people on Windows 7 at least.

One more thing: at first successful load of PT9, AIR Fuzz & Kill EQ wouldn't load initially but are now ok, though have not tested them out yet. Whilst it took a while to load up the program at first, succesive attempts have been super-fast on my laptop. A good sign I hope.
Anyway, yet to really test big sessions on it but happy for now it's up & running.

Thanks folks,
Kev.