Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2009, 09:10 PM

Default I lose command focus when I switch spaces

Hey,

So, I have a good workflow between my music apps (Pro Tools, Reason, Kontakt) by using spaces. I have PT is space 1, Reason in space 2, etc.

Often, when I switch back to space 1 to work in PT, I lose command focus. That is to say, my single stroke key commands stop working temporarily. Clicking on the [az] in the top right corner of the edit window doesn't do anything.

To fix, I quickly flip back and forth from another space, then click in the PT edit window. That restores the command focus.

Any idea why this happens?

Thanks
Adam
Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 PM

Default Re: I lose command focus when I switch spaces

I brought this up in another thread last week sometime. I said I was losing command focus as well, when I was using expsose to swith between the mix and edit windows.

Turns out though that you really don't lose it. I noticed that when the edit window is brought to the forefront it is really not selected yet. It's there but lightly grayed out around the edges, check the "x,-,+" in the upper left hand corner. They will probably be grayed out. Then look at your command focus, it will probably look turned off. Then click in the middle of the edit window. Ta-da, everything's fine.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:50 PM

Default Re: I lose command focus when I switch spaces

I use option O (as in open project browser) twice to bring mine back...weird bug and I've been too busy to bitch about it. Thanks to you for calling this one out. I can't figure out how it gets turned off just how to get it back this way.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television