Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-27-2000, 02:47 PM

Default Busses cutting out

Over the years this has sporadically popped up. A bus will stop receiving the track being sent to it. On a stereo bus it will not be both sides, only one cutting out. But now it's a daily problem and an unnerving one!
With 4.3.1 on a G3 accelerated 7500. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the pattern, but switching to a different bus # clears it up, and then an hour later different bus cuts out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

DW Griffi
Old 04-27-2000, 06:11 PM
Avid

Default Re: Busses cutting out

Do you have any plug-ins on these aux tracks. To be honest, I really have not seen this as a problem unless certain plug-ins like older waves plug-ins are involved. Mabye in isolated instances this creeps up but there have not been alot of reports of this. Might be a good time to trash the DAE prefs folder.

Let us know,

B Carter
Digidesign
Old 04-27-2000, 09:59 PM

This regularly occurs to me with a stereo instance of channel strip. All drums are bussed to two stereo aux ins, with channel strip on both aux channels & I will only get one side of the aux. Solution is to quit ProTools and re-open the session. Closing the session and re-opening will not always cut it. I have had this occur both when opening the session and also after a plugin shuffle...

It's a daily occurence here, but only a minor hassle.

BTW - ProTools 5.0, B&W G3/350, MixPlus, 888/24, Channelstrip 1.1 (I think - and yes, I know there's a rev out...)

Mike Purcell
Old 04-28-2000, 06:54 AM
Avid

Thanks MikeAP.

I'm just wondering if saving the plug-in setting and then removing the plug-in and putting it back fixes the problem. Or does it require a restart?

I've looked in the database and channelstrips name has come up quite a few times. This soution fixed 1 guys problem.

Let me know,

Thanks

B Carter
Digidesign
Old 04-28-2000, 07:05 AM

Same problem here. However, I have been able to just change the bus to another pair and then change it back to the original setting without closing the session or rebooting. I do this both on the send and on the input of the channel I am returning on. It seems to clear the problem 9 out of 10 times. I don't think it has anything to do with plug ins because I occassionally have the same problem when I am sending to outboard gear as well.
Old 04-28-2000, 07:50 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Jim Roberts:
Same problem here. However, I have been able to just change the bus to another pair and then change it back to the original setting without closing the session or rebooting. I do this both on the send and on the input of the channel I am returning on. It seems to clear the problem 9 out of 10 times. I don't think it has anything to do with plug ins because I occassionally have the same problem when I am sending to outboard gear as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim,

Exactly our situation. Seems not to be plug-in related, happens on busses just used for routing, and we fix it the same way. But it's more than a minor annoyance for a client to ask three times during the day if half of the drums have gone out. Trashing prefs/inits etc doesn't fix in the long run.

DW
Old 04-29-2000, 04:14 AM

Same thing here....an example: happens daily on AUX-return from external effects routed back to PT....

------------------
Robert Uhlmann
Old 04-30-2000, 11:25 AM

Same here and seems to be happening more regularly but now not only on aux busses but also on channels, problem seems to be limited only to tracks using channel strip sp plugin.