Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2016, 05:23 PM

Default Stop button lighted,play button blinking not playing

Maybe someone can tell me if I inadvertently hit a button causing this.. ProTools 11.3.1 , Project Mix I/O and an Asus laptop, 4mb ram. When I first opened a session an alert came up saying the I/O settings had changed since the last time I'd saved the session. I continued to open the file and went to the I/O settings, and everything seemed in order. So I wanted to change the buffer setting from 512 to 128 in order to record a little something,and the system won't let it happen. You can almost hear some kind of a circular cycle happening, like a spike of energy, if you know what I mean? I'd go to hit play and a couple times, it would play for a second, then pause, then play for a second, pause etc etc. So now, after rebooting, when you hit the play button, it blinks while at the same time the Stop button is engaged and it won't play at all. So how did I screw it up?? Thanks for any insight. richrdC
Old 10-29-2016, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Stop button lighted,play button blinking not playing

Probably set for Wait for Midi Note or Wait for Timecode(if the "clock" is blue, click it to de-select). With keyboard focus ON, I think F11 will toggle that as well

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-29-2016, 07:16 PM

Albee1952, thank you for the insights.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:57 PM

Did it solve your issue?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-05-2016, 02:33 PM

Hello Albee, Sorry for the delay in answering. It's too bad my real world gets in the way of my dream world.. So no, If you're talking about the clock next to the Stop button, no it's not on. When I try to move the buffer size lower, from 512 and hit the play button, the Stop button turns on with the play button & nothing works.. After awhile, they both turn off. An error message arrived..

Audio processing could not complete due to conflicts with other CPU tasks or a potential clocking issue. If this occurs often,verify your sync cables or try changing the HW Buffer Size settings in the Playback Engine dialog. In most cases larger HW buffer size will prevent the problem (AAE-9093)

Problem is increasing buffer size makes it tough to record with the latency one hears..
Anyway, I appreciate the thoughts you have & thanks for reading this.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:06 PM

4 gb of RAM is really not enough. See the Help Us Help You at the top of the forum, post a Sandra Report and try the troubleshooting suggestions. But that 4 gb of RAM stands out right now.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 11-05-2016, 05:48 PM

I had the same issue on a large HDX system in PTHD 12, but only upon the first session opened after launching Pro Tools. Temporary workaround was to change the H/W buffer size to any other value than what it was set to. After that it would work fine until Pro Tools was launched again.

Finally solved the issue by physically changing the order my HD interfaces were connected in and redoing my I/O setup.

There is a bug somewhere which is hard to nail down, but try changing cables & trashing preferences and see what happens.