Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 12:23 PM

Default 7.2cs1 I\'m still getting access violation errors

HI All,
I'm still getting access violation errors whick cause me to not be able to save my work. Shen is this getting fixed?
Brandon
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 10-22-2006, 07:21 AM

Default Re: 7.2cs1 I\'m still getting access violation erro

Same here under 7.1cs9

Very. Very. Annoying.

Some kind of acknowledgement of the existance of this would be good.

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:02 PM

OK I think I've got a replicable crash here.

I'm on 7.1 CS10 now.

Twice now in the same session I've had an "access violation" after using the keyboard shorcut for enable automation on a compressorbank CB3 RTAS on the active EQ enable button.

The first access violation is an error about "translating playlists"

Clicking in the button again produced another access violation.

Autosave produced another access violation - with the reccomendation to turn autosave off.

Manaully saving produces the access violation about "translating playlists"

Its the latest Mcsdp version.

Maybe its related to plug-in settings...

Ill try setting the prefs to save plug-in settings to the session folder.

Are you running MCDSP Brandon?
Old 10-23-2006, 06:59 PM

I'm getting the same errors on PTHD 7.1 (not sure of cs#) running on XP. I'm not using plugins, just the Workspace browser to search for FX. Its happened 3 times in a row now but I can't seem to replicate intentionally.

If I try to save after the Access Violation it won't save....not only that, when it finally crashes, I reopen my session to find it completely empty. Nothing on the timeline. Nothing in the region bin. This is a very serious flaw, and its preventing work from being done. Sorry for crappy grammer its been a long day. Don't have time for troubleshooting or support calls now, just wanted to chime in so Digi knows its not an isolated issue.

~will
Old 10-23-2006, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I'm getting the same errors on PTHD 7.1 (not sure of cs#) running on XP. I'm not using plugins, just the Workspace browser to search for FX. Its happened 3 times in a row now but I can't seem to replicate intentionally.

If I try to save after the Access Violation it won't save....not only that, when it finally crashes, I reopen my session to find it completely empty. Nothing on the timeline. Nothing in the region bin. This is a very serious flaw, and its preventing work from being done. Sorry for crappy grammer its been a long day. Don't have time for troubleshooting or support calls now, just wanted to chime in so Digi knows its not an isolated issue.

~will
this exact thing happened to me as well. Best thing yo do is as soon as you get the error, close down PT and trash the databases. Then open the most resent backup.
S6 M10 24 fader
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 10-24-2006, 09:34 AM

Hey All!

Having the same problem here. I'm on 7.1cs9. I'm very apprehensive to update to cs10 considering the problems with updating anything on PT. In my experience with PT every update and cs update suffers from; "what's now broken with this update". Dawkab, have you talked with Digi about what might be the problem with cs10?

Anyone else try this update?

Thanks!
Jason
Command 8
Win XP Pro sp2
Asus P4C800-E
P4 3.4G cpu
2GB Ram
Old 10-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Avid

Is this access violation occurring after dragging and dropping audio files into Pro Tools? If so, cs10 does address this problem.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:52 AM

For me it happens when visiting Workspace and searching for a file. I have a few that it tags on: The most notable are; metal and now door (although there are a few others).

I really haven't had the problem with "drag and drop" of files, UNLESS the file is not the right kind; ie, my project is in wav format and the file is an aif.

Thanks!
Jason
Command 8
Win XP Pro sp2
Asus P4C800-E
P4 3.4G cpu
2GB Ram
Old 10-24-2006, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Is this access violation occurring after dragging and dropping audio files into Pro Tools? If so, cs10 does address this problem.
Hi Digi,
No, not from drag and drop. It's just popping up. I'm in the middle of a mix and boom, access violation. I get this about twice a day. I'm on 7.2 cs1. Sometimes you can't save the session. A couple of times I pressed Okay and I could save the session. I worked for a ten minute stretch and closed and reopenned the session to find no audio in the session. All the automation was in the session but no audio. This is a bad problem and I hope (need) this one sorted out as soon as possible. For now, right after the error occures, I just shut down, trash databases, open the last backup copy. I hope this helps.
Brandon
S6 M10 24 fader
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 10-24-2006, 12:22 PM

Ooooo, I have had the same results with the "no audio in the session". The first time it happened I almost had a heart attack! It has happened many times since and I guess I have (like everyone on PT) have gotten used to this and similar behavior. I guess this means I am a seasoned PT user! Yeah, I am in the club!

I have gotten in the habit of saving my project before going into "Workspace" so when I get the "access error" I don't have to try to save the project. I think this may help with the mysterious audio missing in the project.

Yes, NO audio in the project. NO audio in the region bin. The only thing that's there are the tracks that have been set up, the plugs on said tracks, and the volume automation for the audio that has disappeared.

Jason
Command 8
Win XP Pro sp2
Asus P4C800-E
P4 3.4G cpu
2GB Ram