Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 12-08-2022, 05:21 AM

Default Problems with Bonjour (EUCON-Related)

Hey,

I have been trying to work from a different location from my studio desk. At this location I have Xfinity internet and am noticing some really annoying behavior related to EUCON and Bonjour connectivity.

As soon as I boot up, EUCON cannot connect to my iPad via Bonjour. I know the problem is related to the Xfinity Dual Band WiFI gateway router (Cisco DCP3941T).

I doubt anyone can help me, but I figured I'd ask if anyone else had this problem. My solution will probably be to connect a secondary wifi router to the Cisco that doesn't interfere with Bonjour.

The system is a Windows 10 Pro PC with all the latest Avid pro tools stuio software and latest updates.

p.s. It works fine in my basement studio connected through an old D-Link wireless extender.
Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop PC, Intel Hexa-Core i7-10750H, Nvidia GTX 1650Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Enterprise (20H2), 1TB SSD external work drive, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Pro Tools 2022.9, Avid Control w/Apple iPad, Avid Dock Control Surface, Avid S1.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Problems with Bonjour (EUCON-Related)

Oh, here is the initial error message when I boot up connected to the other network:

Bonjour Error Message

Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer.

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.
Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop PC, Intel Hexa-Core i7-10750H, Nvidia GTX 1650Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Enterprise (20H2), 1TB SSD external work drive, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Pro Tools 2022.9, Avid Control w/Apple iPad, Avid Dock Control Surface, Avid S1.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basslice View Post
Oh, here is the initial error message when I boot up connected to the other network:

Bonjour Error Message

Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer.

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

Bonjour Service Error 1067

Reason for running a registry scan:
https://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors/...%20Apple%20Inc.
“These Bonjour Error 1067 problems are generally caused by Bonjour-related file corruption, or in some cases, if the file has been accidentally or maliciously removed. File replacement is typically the best and easiest way to resolve errors related to Apple Inc. files. In some cases, the Windows registry is attempting to load a Bonjour Error 1067 file that no longer exists, therefore we recommend running a registry scan to repair any invalid file path references”

As Bonjour is installed with iLok License Manager (ILM):
Completely uninstall ILM

https://www.ccleaner.com/
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the green CCleaner Free Download button
Install and select: Custom Clean>Analyze>Run Cleaner then hit the 'Registry' button in the LH column

'Scan for Issues' - once 100% done - 'Review selected Issues' - hit 'Yes' to back up the Registry before making changes – hit ‘Save’

Hit 'Fix All Selected Issues' then 'Close'
Repeat 'Scan for Issues' until no more Issues are found

Exit CCleaner and restart computer

Install the latest version of ILM
https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager
LicenseSupportInstallerWin64_v5.6.3_46ee731e
Restart computer

Right-click on ‘License Support Win64’ Application - select Properties>Compatibility tab then tick ‘Run this program as an administrator’ - hit ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’
Login to ILM with iLok plugged in
Right-click your iLok in the LH column and select ‘Synchronize’
Wait for the process to complete – while the blue bar (under Account name button) moves from LHS to RHS – sign out of ILM
Restart computer
Launch Pro Tools
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 12-09-2022, 05:37 AM

EUREKA!!

I have been trying to deal with this all week. What a hassle. Right off the bat I knew that it was not an Avid problem. I thought it was probably a registry or Bonjour problem. No. I bought a new wireless router. No.

It is the Firewall network settings in Windows 10 Pro.

I went into the Firewall & Network Setting of the wireless connection. I connect to this via a Private Network. I turned off the Firewall and voila.

Still not sure why it was not a problem when I was connecting to the other network in my studio. Regardless, it is working now.
Old 12-09-2022, 08:56 AM
Avid

Yes....Its known and listed on this KB page

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ontrol-Support