How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2013, 04:21 PM

Default Pro tools 10 interface setup

Hello avid pro audio community

I am in need of some help with my pro tools set up.

I have a liquid saffire 56 focusrite interface but am having trouble setting it up with pro tools. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to properly connect my interface with protools? Is it under peripherals or under I/O settings or both? Im connecting directly from my interface to my macbook pro via firewire 6pin to 9pin. I can get a slight faint signal when i hook a mic up but if i try to record it wont get anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 10 interface setup

Do you have the Mix Control software installed?

In Playback Engine, select the LS 56.

In I/O, set up your inputs, outputs, and busses

Then go to the "help" menu and open the Reference Manual and start reading.

Also, when you post try reading this first: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

It will help immensely with future posts if you're more detailed about your system, your problems and what you've tried.

Have fun, it's a great unit.
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 06-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Focusrite

Default Re: Pro tools 10 interface setup

Hi Joe Dirt,

Make sure you have installed the latest version of Saffire MixControl from Focusrite.com, which is currently 3.2.

If you are seeing level in Saffire MixControl I would suggest you go into Pro Tools and check that the Saffire is selected in the Setup > Playback engine.

Then go to Setup > I/O and delete everything in the Input and Output tabs and set both tabs to "Default." This will set up your I/O for the Interface currently selected in the Playback Engine.

If you have any more questions or concerned please contact us via our Contact Support page at Focusrite.com and we are more than happy to help.

Best regards.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/