Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 02-21-2011, 07:02 AM

Default pro tool HD session took over my pro tools 8

how do i reset the track input and output audio selectors to default?

a friend of mine is working on some tracks with his band at a studio with pro tools HD. he didnt have his hammond at the session. he had the engineer burn the files to a disc and we added the organ here at my house with my pro tools 8.

pro tools 8 opened the files and we recorded the organ, and some moog.

problem is, now my pro tools is set up the way their session was. the audio output selector for each track is sending to; bus output, mix bus. i need it to go back to, interface, output 1-2. thats how i send the audio to the speakers. ive just been changing it back for every track i add, but thats getting old.

also the inputs for each track are no longer reading the default, in 1, in 2, etc. they are set to what that studio uses, A1, A2, etc.

ive trashed the preferences, and gone into the I/O tab, and clicked the "default" button. no use. trashing the pref. did reset most stuff, but the input / outputs wont change back.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:59 AM

Default Re: pro tool HD session took over my pro tools 8

In PT8 on the I/O page there is a checkbox at the bottom that says something like "Sessions overwrite current I/O setup when opened". UNCHECK THE BOX and try again.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:31 AM

i didnt see a check box that said anything like, "Sessions overwrite current I/O setup when opened".

i did reset the , input - output - bus, labeling back to default.
at first i didnt realize i had to reset each one individually.

im still having the problem when i open up a new track, the output it set to the bus 1-2. its just not labeled, "mix bus" anymore. id like the output to be set to interface 1-2 when i open a new track.

what am i missing? its probably something simple right under my nose, but i need help.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 PM

What version of PT8 are you running?