Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2007, 01:26 AM

Default 7.4cs2 issues

Having spent the day running cs2, I have found the following:

- While I have never been a fan of the colored mixer, I did try it out today, and now I cannot get the "grey" mixer back! I can go from full color saturation, to barely any color at all, but cannot go back all the way. Now I'm REALLY not a fan of the colored mixer.

- Menus often stay highlighted. After making a choice in a menu, the menu disappears (as it should), but the menu heading stays highlighted. I've never seen that one before, but I sure saw it a lot tonight.

I hope when I wake up tomorrow, these issues will be gone.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Re: 7.4cs2 issues

Quote:

- Menus often stay highlighted. After making a choice in a menu, the menu disappears (as it should), but the menu heading stays highlighted. I've never seen that one before, but I sure saw it a lot tonight.

I don't think this is cs2 related. I've been getting this since upgrading to 7.4 (cs0). In addition, I'll often get situations where I can no longer access the pull-down menus with the mouse (shortcuts still work). AND, the converse, where I can use the mouse, but keyboard functions don't work. . . . Separate scenarios, and you never know what you'll get.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:24 AM

Now that I upgraded to 7.4cs2, my waves SSL 4000 channel strip distorts on some sessions. It's a non musical white noise type of thing. Not good!

-Tom
Old 12-25-2007, 10:32 PM

Another day of work, still more problems, related to the above. I just lost keyboard control yet again. But this time, I could not quit PT by using the mouse either. All this after I had already trashed prefs, databases, etc.

I had none of these problems with cs1.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:40 PM

BTW, the phantom colored mixer that I could not banish no matter what last night when gone this morning.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:36 PM

Another day of work, still more problems, related to the above. I just lost keyboard control yet again. But this time, I could not quit PT by using the mouse either. All this after I had already trashed prefs, databases, etc.

The keyboard lock-out problem goes away with a PT reboot.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:14 AM

the scrubber used with the time expension fonction does not strech the audio file at the right place in the grid when reducing the file's length. (since 7.4)

When selecting an object in free mode at maximum zoom. You cannot select the object exact's lenght without having a selection with plus a sample or minus a sample.
Mac Pro 2x 2.66GHz 6-Core / 96 Go Ram / PE6R4-i - HD Native - Tempo Sata Pro 6Gb - PTHD : 10 / 11 /12 / Ultimate till 2022.5 - 192 i/o Digidesign - MTPAV - OSX : 10.4 / 10.5 / 10.6.8 / 10.8.5 / 10.9.5 / 10.11.6 / 10.13.6 / 10.14.6 - PowerMac G4 MDD / Pro Tools HD 5.3 / 6 / 7.4x / 8
Old 12-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Avid

Quote:

The keyboard lock-out problem goes away with a PT reboot.

Mark - if you run Pro Tools under a different administrator account, does the problem still occur?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:

- While I have never been a fan of the colored mixer, I did try it out today, and now I cannot get the "grey" mixer back! I can go from full color saturation, to barely any color at all, but cannot go back all the way. Now I'm REALLY not a fan of the colored mixer.

I have problem with "Track Color Coding Saturation" also. The Strip Channel continues one color only.

Please Digidesign
Old 12-28-2007, 05:50 PM

Hey there

Apart from the Color mixer issue (which i dont use), all the others i have experienced too.

Mark - the highlighted menus staying on has been around since 7.2, but now in 7.4 it seems that like Wildhoney says, sometimes you cannot even use the menus with the mouse.

All this has been mentioned a million times before on the forum - search for "keyboard"

Tom - that white noise from you SSL plugs has again been around since at least 7.2. You'll find its isolated to the Dynamics section, so if you're not using it, bypass and the sound will go, or alternatively, move the Ratio knob down and then back up past 3:1 and it'll go away.... till you reload the session. I've emailed sessions to Waves but they we're no help with this.

Digi, this is by far one of the most common problems now, since 7.2 Yet we're constantly told it can't be recreated. If a hundred users can make it happen surely your testers can. Please resolve this time consuming major bug relating to the keyboard dropping out and the menu's being frozen from use.

fman