Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2009, 10:21 PM

Default Stereo Aux not Routing to Master

It's really weird...All of a sudden, on a certain project some of my aux channels are not routing to the Master Fader. But, I can still hear them!!! These are inputs from my slave machine and I can hear the audio coming from them. But when I bounce to disk...non of these auxes are there. They are not metering on the Master Fader at all...

Any ideas?

Andrew

Macbook Pro Retina / 2.8GHZ / 512GB SSD / PT 2023.9
Old 09-15-2009, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Stereo Aux not Routing to Master

And just FYI, all of the problem auxes have their output set to "Analog 1-2, S/PDIF L-R (Stereo)".

I can get it to work when I create a Submix Aux and send all the problem auxes to it, then send that to the Master. It will bounce fine when doing this.

hmmmmm...probably something simple that I have changed without knowing?

Andrew

Macbook Pro Retina / 2.8GHZ / 512GB SSD / PT 2023.9
Old 09-15-2009, 04:54 AM

I'd just set the output of the Aux track to Bus 1-2 Stereo and use an empty regular Stereo track with it's input set to the same (Bus 1-2 Stereo), and then record enable the regular stereo track and begin recording. You'd hear everything but the regular Stereo track should only be picking up the Aux track's noise.

Doesn't make it any faster than to do the Submix Aux. I've never sent an Aux to the master.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard View Post
And just FYI, all of the problem auxes have their output set to "Analog 1-2, S/PDIF L-R (Stereo)".

I can get it to work when I create a Submix Aux and send all the problem auxes to it, then send that to the Master. It will bounce fine when doing this.

hmmmmm...probably something simple that I have changed without knowing?

Andrew
It is most likely because you have "low latency monitoring" enabled in the options pull down menu. Uncheck that option and it should solve your problem.

Low latency monitoring makes it so that a musician recording a new track does not hear an echo of himself in his earphones. But when editing and mixing and bouncing the session, it is best to disable low latency monitoring.

The PTLE firewire interfaces have a digital hardware mixer that routes inputs directly to the earphones for low latency monitoring of the mic/line inputs if the track's output is set to analog 1/2. In this mode, the signals of these tracks are not routed to the master meter. And aux sends from these tracks don't work the same.

Never have "low latency monitoring" enabled during a bounce.

So, disable "low latency monitoring" when you don't have a musician laying a new track.

Also, you might want to read about "input only monitoring/auto input monitoring" in the "track" menu. This related setting effects how low latency monitoring functions.
2 gB ram
Lacie Rugged 5400 rpm firewire 800 on Siig Cardbus adapter
Roland 700SX stage piano
Studio Projects C3 mics
Melodyne Plugin
Dual Boot:
PTLE 8.0.1 on Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit
PTLE 8.0.1 on XP Media Center SP3