Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2013, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Well I for one am going to try. Very hard
its a showdown! :) lol.. cue the Clint Eastwood music..

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
No they didn't.

Avid said that:
- old blue digidesign interfaces are not tested anymore, thus they are not supported. this does not mean they will not work.
- they also said there is no reason why old digidesign hd interfaces should not work, because they have not done anything to make them stop working.
- it just means if there is a problem with old blue digidesign hd interfaces in the future, there will not going to be firmware updates for the unsupported hardware.

They also said that:
- TDM systems will not make it into PT11. THAT is not possible.
- Therefore, if you want to upgrade you need to upgrade your TDM system to HDX.
- But that is just cards, not interfaces.

If you have had trouble reading what Avid has said it is your problem you spent unnecessary money. But it is not Avid's fault. What I just said has been communicated very clearly.
I have a question for you, just out of curiosity. I understand that the TDM architecture is outdated and simply cannot work with the new audio engine.

But HD hardware has Core Audio drivers, how come it cannot work with Pro Tools as they opened the software to third party hardware since PT9?

Let's say that you bought an HD rig years ago, now you're just a mixer and almost completely ITB so 8 channels would be fine. So instead of selling you're HD rig for almost nothing, you could keep buying Pro Tools updates and give AVID a good amount of money over the years.

My point of view is that AVID is simply not fair with those of us who gave them thousands and thousands to buy their products. To me, the more you pay, the more a company should be kind with you. Again, without asking for anything free, but it's a nice way to keep clients on the long run.

It seems that AVID is very old school, I don't even understand why they released HDX... I mean anyone in the business knows that Native is the future.

So, if someone could code drivers for the Control 24, Pro Control and Core Audio drivers for HD hardware, it would be great and since I cannot afford to change my hardware, I'd be more than happy to give AVID my money by buying updates.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:22 PM

Hmmn (clearing throat) So, any news yet?

It would be good to know what it would cost Avid to get these drivers ported over to PT11. (Any programmer's on here?) Also how many functioning Control24s and Pro Controls are out there. That would give the numbers to make a case for doing it or not.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:28 PM

Is it possible to create a poll on this forum?
Old 07-09-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahamnesik View Post
Is it possible to create a poll on this forum?
Poles are a violation of the Terms Of Service you agreed to when you created an account.

Not that it's strongly enforced but so you are aware.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-09-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Hole Sound View Post
What exactly do you think is going to come of being civil at this point, hmmmm?
Here is why I'd like you guys to remain civil. As I've said, I'm here for you. Avid has asked me here but like you, I'd like to see you get your drivers. It's a win win for me. You guys will be happy and I get to tell people to shut up when they bad mouth Pro Tools.

I don't currently own the pieces in question but I might pick up a 16 channel Pro Control in the future and I'd like it to be future proof.

The problem is, if you don't stay civil, we have to start deleting your posts. Or close this thread. Who wins then?

I promise. You will NOT get this driver by being abusive, sarcastic or belligerent. That's not to say that you will get it if you don't but this thread will stay visible as long as it stays on topic and constructive.

If you want Avid to act professional, please, act professional.

Thank you.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
Poles are a violation of the Terms Of Service you agreed to when you created an account.
What about Polls?

And why aren't Polish people allowed on the forum?

Seems unfair. No????

Old 07-09-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post

Not that it's strongly enforced but so you are aware.
Ok thank you. I'm not going to create a poll on this forum then but at GS. I think it could be a good idea so AVID could see numbers so it's concrete.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
What about Polls?

And why aren't Polish people allowed on the forum?

Seems unfair. No????

Kenny, just fix my public eduction spelling

And I got nothing ageist the Poles, one of the best night of my life was in a Jazz club in Warsaw.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-09-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwiz View Post
Hmmn (clearing throat) So, any news yet?

It would be good to know what it would cost Avid to get these drivers ported over to PT11. (Any programmer's on here?) Also how many functioning Control24s and Pro Controls are out there. That would give the numbers to make a case for doing it or not.
I'm curious about this as well, in particular regarding the overall sales of the numbers of Control 24s and ProControls. Someone mentioned 2000 of each but I think that was just speculation (?) I suppose if it's just a few hundred then we won't get much traction with Avid on this.

I wonder if Digi numbered their SNs starting at all zeros? I'm gonna check my Control 24 SN when I get home :)