How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2006, 10:36 PM

Default Help removing usb midi driver for the Motif es Rac

Hey all,

I have been trying to run my Motif-Rack ES usb into PT LE and its not happening. I ended calling digidesign a few weeks ago and they advised me to get a midi interface and route the motif thru that then into PT. They told me the Motif and Protools do not do well using usb, many problems.

Well I got the midi interface (MTP AV) and was trying to delete all the usb drivers related to the Motif Rack. I uninstalled everything related to the Motif as far as programs go but I cannot find the midi driver.

If the motif is connected by USB and not powered on when PT is started I get the access violation error and when its powered up I dont get the error but this is only if the usb is connected. Which Im trying to remove so I dont have to have the usb connection there at all.

Also if I open up my Control Panel there is a USB icon there that when the motif is not powered on and click on the icon it tells me the motif is not connected. This icon cannot be trashed or removed from the control panel window.

So Im asking if anyone can tell me how to locate this specific usb midi driver for the yamaha motif es rack and get it the hell off my computer.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Help removing usb midi driver for the Motif es

Eddie, your post has helped me. I have been working with a new Motif 8 ES and while I have been able to get the USB midi to record IN to protools, I cannot get the USB MIDI to play OUT to the Motif. It is very flaky and mostly doesn't work at all. If I go via regular 5 pin din MIDI interface I am OK.

Regards

-John