Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2021, 07:55 AM

Default Round-trip Bounce question

I am new to Pro Tools and cannot seem to find the answer to this question. I brought in audio files that were exported from Davinci Resolve. They all came in under different names, as I expected them to. I cut them up some more during editing. When I bounced them back everything came back as a single stereo track. I expected this.

Is there a way to bounce the tracks so that each track is bounced independently instead of bundled as a stereo track? The timecode would have to remain the same so everything could be dropped back into Resolve. Instead of a stereo track going back into Resolve, it would be the 7-8 tracks going back.

Thanks for the help. I am happy to read about this if it is possible.
No interface (yet)
Old 07-15-2021, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Round-trip Bounce question

If you are working on a single track(instead of mixing multiple tracks), use Track Commit and look for the option to NOT consolidate(not sure exactly what this is called as I don't work that way, but do remember there is an option to maintain individual clips, but commit the processing of any or all plugins)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-15-2021, 11:04 AM

Are you processing the tracks or just editing them?

If processing, you can choose what to bounce out in the bounce dialogue. Or solo individual tracks. Or use Track Commit as Dave mentioned. Or duplicate each track and use corresponding AudioSuite plug-ins with the same settings as your real-time plug-ins. Whichever way, start at zero to the end of the longest track, plus a few seconds.

If you're not processing any of the audio, duplicate each track, Consolidate each duplicated track from zero to the end of the longest track, plus a few seconds.

With any of the above methods, name each newly created file so the person you're sending them to knows what they contain. If you bounced, send the files off. If you used Commit, AudioSuite or Consolidate, Export the files and send them.

Now when brought into DaVinci Resolve, the person can line those files up starting at zero and they should line up in their session perfectly.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 07-15-2021, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen01 View Post
...The timecode would have to remain the same so everything could be dropped back into Resolve...
1) Did they also provide a video file? If so, I like to send back the edited/processed audio files (bounced or consolidated or whatever) that exactly match the start/stop times of the work pic.
2) Is there a 2-beep? Many video editors skip 'em these days, but 2-beeps can still be useful.
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 07-15-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
If you are working on a single track(instead of mixing multiple tracks), use Track Commit and look for the option to NOT consolidate(not sure exactly what this is called as I don't work that way, but do remember there is an option to maintain individual clips, but commit the processing of any or all plugins)
I started with a single track that is a corporate piece. It had 5 different voices on it. I took that track and cut it to the 5 voices, the intro audio and a music bed I laid under it.

I'll go look at your options and play with it. Thank you.
No interface (yet)
Old 07-15-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Are you processing the tracks or just editing them?
I started with a single track that is a corporate piece. It had 5 different voices on it. I took that track and cut it to the 5 voices, the intro audio and a music bed I laid under it. I added processing to all the vocal tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
If processing, you can choose what to bounce out in the bounce dialogue. Or solo individual tracks. Or use Track Commit as Dave mentioned. Or duplicate each track and use corresponding AudioSuite plug-ins with the same settings as your real-time plug-ins. Whichever way, start at zero to the end of the longest track, plus a few seconds.

With any of the above methods, name each newly created file so the person you're sending them to knows what they contain. If you bounced, send the files off. If you used Commit, AudioSuite or Consolidate, Export the files and send them.

Now when brought into DaVinci Resolve, the person can line those files up starting at zero and they should line up in their session perfectly.
I will look at that and see what works best. Thank you!
No interface (yet)
Old 07-15-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS View Post
1) Did they also provide a video file? If so, I like to send back the edited/processed audio files (bounced or consolidated or whatever) that exactly match the start/stop times of the work pic.
2) Is there a 2-beep? Many video editors skip 'em these days, but 2-beeps can still be useful.
I edited the piece and I did include the video file.

I did not add a 2-beep to the file. Mostly because it was all in-house.
No interface (yet)