Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 06-27-2021, 07:36 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio HDX and Dolby Atmos Production Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
No. But obviously I do have a 2019 Mac Pro where you need the adaptor to even get it to work with Dante but honestly I don't know why it would work fine (it's been set up that way since September) and now with the HDX and Hybrid it's not working. Again, the only things I changed were the routing in the Dante Controller (not sure why any of that would make a difference) and the new PT software. HDX is showing up fine with 64 channels in the Audio Midi setup. HDX1 is in the proper slot. Seems like it all points to Dante but I don't know what else to try.
The change in Dante routing will create more streams (from memory unicast streams are bundled in groups of four channels, so you always need to round up to a multiple of four). If you haven't patched anything from or to DVS in Dante Controller, then the network will be quiescent (apart from clock synchronisation).
Old 06-27-2021, 07:40 PM

Ok so this is getting a little out of my zone of expertise. Could just the change in routing create this issue?
Old 06-27-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
Ok so this is getting a little out of my zone of expertise. Could just the change in routing create this issue?
It's hard to know what's going on without being in front of the machine but, a change in routing that doesn't create more streams is unlikely to create the issue, but creating more streams could create an issue, if there are some bandwidth or latency constraints somewhere. Of course, it shouldn't happen, a modern system should be able to handle 75Mbps without breaking a sweat (64x64x24 bitsx48kHz). I'm only mentioning it because I had a similar issue when testing almost exactly the same setup last week.

If you reduce DVS to, say, 8x8, do you still have the same issue?
Old 06-27-2021, 08:08 PM

Right and I agree it shouldn’t be an issue power wise. I haven’t tried 8x8 but I can tomorrow. I can send pics of my routing as well. I really appreciate everyone sticking with me on this
Old 06-27-2021, 08:35 PM

Audinate to have some pretty specific recommendations regarding ethernet adapters - https://dev.audinate.com/GA/dvs/user..._interface.htm

There is a lot of variation between them. Different latencies, different speeds... different advertising. Most are advertised to work with 100/1000 networks, but they don't really get close to it in terms of speed.

What happens if you set both your ethernet port for DVS/Dante and the MTRX Studio to DCHP instead of assigning static IPs?
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:46 PM

I haven’t tried but I will tomorrow and let you know. Thanks again
Old 06-28-2021, 09:06 PM

ok. I finally got it working. Whew. Basically, I threw away my new Dante Controller template, went back to my old one and just added things to that and now it all works. So when I created a new template something must have happened. I really can't say what but some setting must have gotten changed. Either way, it all works now. Thank you everyone for you effort and now I'm excited to finally use the Hybrid engine.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:20 PM

I'll test it over the next week and see if it all holds up.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:30 PM

ok. well I thought I had it. Now it's not working. It was working with a full Atmos session and then it stopped. I tried DHCP for both and nothing. I tried 8x8 channels and nothing. All the Dante devices start going through this cycle of green checks to red. They kind of keep cycling through in no apparent order. I don't know why it would fully work, all 7.1.4 channels then for no reason just stop working. It's definitely something with the Dante stream. I don't know what else to try.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:18 AM

Jeff I'm wondering if you can check in on this. I feel like I've tried everything possible and it's still not working. In the end the main thing that seems to happen is all my Dante device's status' go haywire once PT engages the audio engine on startup of the app. Like I said before, I have gotten it to work but it doesn't stay working. Any idea what that could be?