Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2011, 06:50 AM

Default Lost Protools Install CD, Serial & Ilok

I got my computer systems and mbox2 confiscated last year and recently got them back, however my install disks / serial number and ilok usb key were all missing. I have all the samples on the desktop pc as i copied them but I wonder if I will be able to get a replacement disk in the least as I wish to use the mbox with my laptop now, which is much better than the desktop i was on previously. This still works but i really need it on my laptop now! Im certain I registered my copy, but i cant seem to find this within my emails on the machine? The product I have is the MBOX2 Factory with Protools 8 LE, which I bought brand new last year. Many thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:02 AM

Login on Avids homepage and get your serialnumber. By a new ilok:)
Old 10-17-2011, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Lost Protools Install CD, Serial & Ilok

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknodj View Post
I got my computer systems and mbox2 confiscated last year and recently got them back, however my install disks / serial number and ilok usb key were all missing. I have all the samples on the desktop pc as i copied them but I wonder if I will be able to get a replacement disk in the least as I wish to use the mbox with my laptop now, which is much better than the desktop i was on previously. This still works but i really need it on my laptop now! Im certain I registered my copy, but i cant seem to find this within my emails on the machine? The product I have is the MBOX2 Factory with Protools 8 LE, which I bought brand new last year. Many thanks in advance for your help.
Hit the AvidStore for replacement CDs, hit your MyAvid account for the serial number. As far as the ilok or any auths on it. Those auths are tied to that key and are lost forever unless you recover the key. So I would be putting pressure on whom ever confiscated your equipment and lost the iLok to find it or compensate you for it.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-17-2011, 01:00 PM

Thank you for your replies. Sorry i forgot to mention, i have moved house twice since this and also changed isp, so i cant login to my avid account or retrieve a new password for the avid store! As for retrieving my ilok etc they are lost forever, thats why I have come on here to try and sort something out. I dont mind havin to buy new ilok, as I will get the newer one. How then should i now proceed? Many thanks again.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknodj View Post
How then should i now proceed?
Try to login and click forgot password......try try try again until you get it.

Don't remember your login....better try to remember.

after that contact Digi support (email) and ask them to send you a link to download the full installer. It will not work w/o the acess to your avid account.

Download and install - also ask them if you can get your authorization code....b/c it won't let you in if you don't have that.

It came on your setup guide (back of page one) I also kept all my autorization and serial number on another spreadsheet on USB backed up b/c if you lost the book and digi won't give it to you .....ur up the creek mein.

I have never had to but if you contact ilok.com (and remember your login) you could tell them that it got stolen and you need another....See where that will get you.....but it's all dependent on the user id.....

Peach.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.