Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-26-2006, 06:47 AM

Default Help! Region bin empty !?!?!

I was doing some rather dense editing yesterday, and once I was finished, I faded and consolidated my tracks, after which I noticed that my regions bin is EMPTY! My stuff is still playing fine, but I can't clear regions I'm not using, or access them in any way. The files must still exist. Has anyone had this happen, or figured out a way to fix it? Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-26-2006, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Help! Region bin empty !?!?!

from the region menu select show auto created regions.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:13 AM

do you have a search phrase in the "find" field of the regions list? clear the "find" and your regions will appear.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:50 AM

I've also experienced this a handful of times... there must be a limit to how many regions the bin can keep track of, but I don't know if it's based on available RAM or a PT capacity issue. Never had a problem as a result, though, everything's still all there.

Speaking under the YMMV clause, I've tried both of the above suggestions with no success. The only workaround I know of is to create a new session & import some — not all — tracks into it; then the regions reappear. However, if you import one TOO many tracks, they all go away again... inconvenient & unnerving but not a meltdown. Hope this helps.

Warmest Regards,
Brian