Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 11-10-2010, 08:49 PM

Default CPTK to HD Upgrade Path

Let me start off by saying that I in now way intend for this thread to devolve into a whine and complain "AVID gimmie gimmie" thread. I love what has become of THE best audio tracking and editing software in the world...IMHO..I have no complaints about pricing or existing upgrade paths.

I am a current...and very happy..... CPTK+PT9 user. I now have my eye on various third party interfaces that provide zero latency monitoring for tracking. But I can't help but wonder if more is coming from AVID in the way of hardware..(004) or if there will be an trade-in offer for LE hardware owners to "go HD". I can't keep my eyes off of that HD|Native/Omni combo but can't quite swing the $6k price tag at the present time. Taking the plunge on one of these or one of these is where I'm leaning but I would easily be willing to save and pay twice the price for the HD|Native/Omni combo and have nice integration with PT9 without a 3rd party mixer in between. However the current price I can't quite justify......yet..

Interested to hear some thoughts on this.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:24 PM

Default Re: CPTK to HD Upgrade Path

I'm thinking in a similar fashion. One thing to consider in your pricing, is that if you go HD Native, you can sell your LE interface, with the PT9 software license (should help you get more for it) and also sell your CPTK license. Then you can subtract that off the HD Omni bundle purchase price. Unless you need to keep that for a 2nd rig or something.

And also, there's some places giving better prices on the HD Native bundles. Contact me at naya7@cinci.rr.com and I can give you some info.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:49 PM

Default Re: CPTK to HD Upgrade Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
I'm thinking in a similar fashion. One thing to consider in your pricing, is that if you go HD Native, you can sell your LE interface, with the PT9 software license (should help you get more for it) and also sell your CPTK license. Then you can subtract that off the HD Omni bundle purchase price. Unless you need to keep that for a 2nd rig or something.

And also, there's some places giving better prices on the HD Native bundles. Contact me at naya7@cinci.rr.com and I can give you some info.
Important things to consider. Thanks for the info!