Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 08-23-2021, 01:58 PM

Default DADman delay bug?

Hoping I'm doing something wrong here but when I apply any amount of delay to a speaker in the control room section of DADman the signal cuts out, nothing passes through. Another observation is that when the delay is applied, some channels will change from a blue circle to a light blue circle, but others don't.

As I look at this more I am very confused about the patching in DADman. I have one 7.1.4 output configured and when I assign each speaker to a corresponding DA channel in the Monitor Profile the patches display differently in the patch bay. All have an "x" but some are light blue, some are dark blue and some are just the "x". Why?? The DA is not patched anywhere else in the patchbay. My expectation is that if there is no patching in the patchbay then all channels in my monitor path should just have the "x" and that's it. Is that right?

So confused. Thx for any help.

J.R.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:53 PM
Avid

Default Re: DADman delay bug?

Greetings,

Is this MTRX or MTRX Studio? What are your DADman and firmware (maincpu) versions?

If you go into Settings > Monitor Profile > into a monitor under Sources - can you choose Add Existing Source - and find choices in that menu that are not represented in the current assigned sources for your Monitors?

The small x's indicate that those output resources are being used (and are therefore unavailable from the cross point matrix) by the monitor section.

Lite blue correlates to patches which are not visible on the currently chosen page and dark blue represents the currently visible / focused pages in the crosspoint matrix.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-23-2021, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Fountain View Post
Hoping I'm doing something wrong here but when I apply any amount of delay to a speaker in the control room section of DADman the signal cuts out, nothing passes through. Another observation is that when the delay is applied, some channels will change from a blue circle to a light blue circle, but others don't.

As I look at this more I am very confused about the patching in DADman. I have one 7.1.4 output configured and when I assign each speaker to a corresponding DA channel in the Monitor Profile the patches display differently in the patch bay. All have an "x" but some are light blue, some are dark blue and some are just the "x". Why?? The DA is not patched anywhere else in the patchbay. My expectation is that if there is no patching in the patchbay then all channels in my monitor path should just have the "x" and that's it. Is that right?

So confused. Thx for any help.

J.R.
If the signal passes through fine when you don't apply delay, and then is cut when you apply delay, then it is most likely because your selected source is unsync'ed with the MTRX/MTRX Studio, or the samplerate of the source does not match with the MTRX/MTRX Studio.

Check whether you have a yellow triangle on the source in the routing matrix. The samplerate of the incoming signal is also shown in channel view of the routing matrix.

This article here gives an overview of the indications:

https://www.digitalaudiosupport.com/...ut-indicators/
Old 08-24-2021, 05:53 AM

Thanks guys for your replies.

MTRX Studio
DADman 5.4.4.2
Main Board cpufw: 1.0.3.2

I'm able to choose any of my existing sources. All sources are available.

I'm not seeing any yellow triangles when applying the delay, all green circles. The only change on some patches (LFE, Lss, Rss, Lrs, Rrs) is the indicator which changes from dark blue to light blue.

As for the indicators, I understand what they mean, I don't understand what they mean in my setup. Below is a pic of my routing page without the delays on.

J.R.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 8.50.00 AM.jpg (68.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-26-2021, 05:59 AM

Hey guys, just bumping this to see if you had any other ideas to try?

Thx!
J.R.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:45 AM
Avid

Send me your .dmprof file and I will take a look. Did you flush all unused groups?

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-27-2021, 05:50 AM

Well for anyone else who comes across this. Re-flashing the MTRX firmware fixed the issue.

Thx Jeff for the offline help!

J.R.
Old 02-18-2022, 12:10 PM

FWIW, we had the same problem yesterday at our studio. Took a long time to find that the delay was causing this problem. It happened out of nowhere. Everything was running fine two days ago !

As per JR Fountain post, we re-installed the firmware 1.0.3.2 on the MTRX Studio and it solved the problem.