Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2010, 04:42 PM

Default The updater for Structure on Windows fails to locate and update Structure LE

Submitted a support case. The updater for Structure on Windows fails to locate and update Structure LE.

The updater for Hybrid worked OK though.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Submitted a support case. The updater for Structure on Windows fails to locate and update Structure LE.
Well you didn't expect it to work....right away did you????
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3
Old 06-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Default Re: The updater for Structure on Windows fails to locate and update Structure LE

what version are you trying to update? maybe it needs a specific version installed first.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:24 PM

Default Re: The updater for Structure on Windows fails to locate and update Structure LE

I had this problem the first time. I had to unzip the file for it to work (meaning I couldn't just run it from my unzip program). I also had to reinstall structure LE, cause I some how updated to structure the full version on my second shot, so maybe reinstalling then updating helped.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the tips. XPsp3, MPT2. The updater is supposed to recognize which version is installed (full or LE) and update it appropriately.

I always unzip zips before running the contents. I tried re-installing and that didn't change anything.

Here's a pic of the message the updater gives me. http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/25058...Error?h=739db9

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Old 06-02-2010, 08:54 AM

The only other thing I did when I got that message wss to run the updater from the folder that I installed the mptk2 from.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Administrator

TJ, what is the exact version number of the Structure.dpm plug-in, and is it in your plug-ins folder?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:03 AM

I get no error message but nothing updates.

I am on a PPC G5 but I could not find any thing in the docs to suggest its Intel only..
Old 06-02-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidesign View Post
TJ, what is the exact version number of the Structure.dpm plug-in, and is it in your plug-ins folder?
I added a pic of the file properties to my gallery. The main version says 1.0.0.0, but under other info it says 1.0.5316. And yes, it is in the plugins folder.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/25058...Error?h=739db9

-

Old 06-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Administrator

TJ, the image showing the Structure.dpm properties that you posted was the same as I saw on my Windows XP system before I ran the update.

After I ran the update, the file version is listed as 1.0.5.10611, which is newer than v1.0.5316

So you are correct that you do not seem to have the updated version on your system if it still says 1.0.5316. I checked and that was the initial release version of Structure LE for Windows.