How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 05-17-2024, 01:28 PM

Default Re: iZotope RX11 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
I think Ian's exploring a real time version which would be cool, but IMO the only real problem with Hush Pro is that it's Mac Silicon-only. Because it uses the GPU, it's very non-trivial to make a Windows version which is a damn shame.

It's so, so good. I was demoing it to some sound recordists recently on some terrible audio and jaws hit the floor every time. Some went pale.

I think RX11 puts iZotope in the same ballpark as dx-revive which is pretty darn good, but I haven't heard anything else quite as effortlessly refined as Hush Pro.
That's interesting to hear. I decided to just upgrade to the latest RX 11 Advanced and only paid $250 for it as I used the discount code a Audio Deluxe and had some extra credits with them in $, so it was a good deal. I will check it out. Dx Revive is very good also and they are always improving that as well.
Thanks for the info.
G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 24.3.1 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.7, DP 11.3.2, Logic Pro X 11.0.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 05-21-2024 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-19-2024, 09:18 AM

Quote:
the only real problem with Hush Pro is that it's Mac Silicon-only.
Just replying to Guy here & for anyone who might be put off by the Hush website saying it's mac silicon only.
I've been using it perfectly happily on a 16 core Intel Mac Pro for some time and I have no problems. A superb plugin.
I agree as someone else said in this thread if you have Hush and DX Revive there is no need for RX11, at least from a noise reduction point of view.
The upgrade paths are massively overpriced IMHO.

Some innovation would have got me interested, like an AI version of Dialogue match etc.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:23 PM

There are so many good features that I couldn't pass up this update. One of the best programs, although unfortunately expensive!
I got the version upgrade from RX9 to RX10 for free, but unfortunately, it wasn't as easy with RX11, so I took advantage of the discount period to upgrade.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:02 AM

Is anybody using RX11 to measure loudness for 5,1 Surround files?
I use Pro Tools Ultimate and deliver 5.1 in SMPTE order.
Ever sice RX10.4.1 Advanced, RX has lost its ability to detect proper channel order.
If I use RX Connect to send a 5.1 Mix from Pro Tools to RX Advanced, it will play the center channel out of the right speaker. It does not matter what I set the iZotope preferences to, SMPTE or FILM order,
But if I drop the properly exported SMPTE order file onto RX directly, it detects proper channel order.
All iZotope support can say is stay on 10.4, and they send me a download link.
I was hoping this would be fixed in RX11, sadly it hasn't.
I opeened a fresh support ticket and like last time, they said they were unaware and sent me link to version 10.4.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Mac Mini M2Pro
Venrura 13.6.3
Old 05-25-2024, 11:53 PM

I will let you know that I am very pleased with the version of RX11. This is a big progress! (I will find it after some use)
Old 05-31-2024, 06:24 AM

Is anyone using RX11 successfully with Pro Tools 2023.12.1 on Mac Intel? I ask because the supported version is 2024.

Rig: MacBook Pro (15,1) 6-Core i7 2.6GHz / 32GB RAM / OS 13.6.6 / PT 2023.12.1 / Waves Horizon v14 / iZotope Music Production Suite 6.5 / Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB / Apple SSD AP1024M 1 TB (System), Samsung T5 SSD 1 TB (Audio) / Cal-Digit TS3 Plus TB3 Dock / Genelec 1030A Monitors
Old 06-06-2024, 03:49 PM

Default Re: iZotope RX11.1 Update for ARA released

Not sure it's posted already but.. A free 11.1 update delivers expanded DAW support for Spectral Editor ARA. Now you'll be able to remove background noise, clicks, and hum directly within Avid Pro Tools* and PreSonus Studio One, in addition to the already-supported Apple Logic Pro (in Rosetta mode).
*pro Tools customers, please note: Pro Tools ARA support will be available when Avid releases their 2024.06 update, coming soon!
If you're not a Pro Tools or Studio One user, you can still update to RX 11.1 for a small collection of bug fixes and enhancements.
Update to RX 11.1 now from Product Portal. It will be along with a lot of ARA improvements updated in the next update from Avid for 2024.6 or whatever it is. https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/wha...f-86e6fe835a0c

G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RX 11.1 update ARA.jpg (47.6 KB, 0 views)
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 24.3.1 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.7, DP 11.3.2, Logic Pro X 11.0.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 06-06-2024, 11:40 PM

Can I confirm that this relates to Spectral Editor and not Spectral Repair? Izotope has been promising the latter before too long. I would hugely value using Spectral Repair directly in ProTools rather than using the current export/import routine in using Connect.
As I understand it, Spectral Editor is not the same as Spectral Repair, which I've used for years to remove clicks and stage noises etc.

Last edited by roderickelms; 06-07-2024 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2024, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roderickelms View Post
Can I confirm that this relates to Spectral Editor and not Spectral Repair? Izotope has been promising the latter before too long. I would hugely value using Spectral Repair directly in ProTools rather than using the current export/import routine in using Connect.
As I understand it, Spectral Editor is not the same as Spectral Repair, which I've used for years to remove clicks and stage noises etc.
Spectral Repair requires the Spectral editor so it should be all inclusive. I'd expect it to mean both.

Seeing how ARA works so far in PT I have no problem using Connect...
Old 06-07-2024, 08:50 AM

Thanks for this. Spectral Editor certainly works via Connect, but I find it cumbersome when working on several tracks and a large track count. It was simpler when I could have SR open and just move around the tracks. Anyhow, I'll investigate further.