How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Hello fellow shredders,

The Eleven Rack email announcement went out earlier than planned, unfortunately, which is why the download isn't available. The good news is that we are really excited about this release and are planning to get the installers posted soon.

Apologies for the confusion and stay tuned (pun intended),
Tony
Old 01-14-2014, 11:29 AM

Well at least we can say: we heard it here first.
Thats not normally the case
Old 01-14-2014, 12:02 PM

Gee guess what?

"Your free Eleven Rack Editor application awaits—just downloads it below. Please note that the Eleven Rack Editor only works with Eleven Rack systems and requires a 64-bit operating system—Windows 8, Windows 7, or OS X 10.8 or later."

WHO INTHE HELL checks their code, Cheetah?

Since i scrambled out to get this thing in April 2011 and my bad boy win 7 x64 machine nothing but "words better describe" dumb ***** mistakes - that is what test teams are for, not working studios.

usability or finding weird bugs that DO appear should be secondary. They are understandable and users know that (except when it happens to them when they are in their happy place) but bugs are understandable, crap like this is “fodder”

(I should have told the ACA guys that eh?)

Why did i fire up all my crap and attempt to download this thing and play with it (imagine that) to find out;

1) No method to log on to my CURRENT ACCOUNT to retrieve download from my "locker" on AVID'S cloud.

2) Why do i have to register, you have all my silly crap i HOPE on a database somewhere....

3) AND there is no damn down load link - i split Redmond to get outta there..Because of this crap.

Poor showing, you guys have got to put more resources into pre RTC testing not all users are kids with bedroom racks eh?

Killer product + killer customer service = $$

PS thanks for telling us though, because notifications for me haven’t worked too well- Thanks really for doing the editor….mostly (the site’s gotta work)
OBVIOSLY but things seem to be getting better -R

yes i am back smart assess fully retired and set up FINALLY .....bring it- i haven't been abused enough by the wife lately (should have a smiley with a missing tooth.....) (the abduance of smileys is due to medical 'erbage and damn good coffee).

Genius hath electric power which earth can never tame. Bright suns may scorch and dark clouds lower, It's flash is still the same.
-Lydia Maria Child
Old 01-14-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi View Post
Hello fellow shredders,

The Eleven Rack email announcement went out earlier than planned, unfortunately, which is why the download isn't available. The good news is that we are really excited about this release and are planning to get the installers posted in the next few days.

Apologies for the confusion and stay tuned (pun intended),
Tony
Thanks Tony - it happens, i wish i would have SEEN this before I.... -R

Genius hath electric power which earth can never tame. Bright suns may scorch and dark clouds lower, It's flash is still the same.
-Lydia Maria Child
Old 01-14-2014, 12:09 PM

Note to:

Tony Cariddi
Avid
Audio Marketing Director

Tony, will you please send another email announcement or post a reply that the link is active? I really don't want to have to check it manually 37 times a day (yes, I'm very eager for this) to see if the link is working.

Thanks in advance,
RLSinOP
Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 PM

Hey Roland, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Tony- (if you read this) I think all of us really appreciate the existence of this upcoming application. A lot of us have been waiting a really *really* long time for this, you can easily check how long I've been waiting for it because I was the only who originally posted it on ideascale...

I've been told at a popular retailer that Eleven Rack has been officially discontinued. Can we get an official confirmation one way or the other please? I think a little clarification would be appreciated by everyone and would help settle the debate on whether or not Eleven Rack is a "dead" product.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:38 PM

How in the world did that happen?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:46 PM

So I wait for 3 years and they finally release it and it's not compatible with my 32bit XP machine.

I'm really pleased for all the other folks who will be able to run it as some have waited even longer than me.

Would it really have been that hard to release it on all the platforms?

Thanks Avid you guys are the best.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSinOP View Post
Note to:
Tony, will you please send another email announcement or post a reply that the link is active? I really don't want to have to check it manually 37 times a day (yes, I'm very eager for this) to see if the link is working.
RLSinOP
Yes, of course, we will post an update to this thread and also send an announcement when the software is posted. (We wouldn't want to see you get carpal tunnel from checking the website in anticipation!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derker View Post
Hey Roland, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Tony- (if you read this) I think all of us really appreciate the existence of this upcoming application. A lot of us have been waiting a really *really* long time for this, you can easily check how long I've been waiting for it because I was the only who originally posted it on ideascale...

I've been told at a popular retailer that Eleven Rack has been officially discontinued. Can we get an official confirmation one way or the other please? I think a little clarification would be appreciated by everyone and would help settle the debate on whether or not Eleven Rack is a "dead" product.
Glad to hear you're excited about this as we are. And I'm happy to confirm that Eleven Rack is definitely not discontinued. Announcement of this Editor app should be proof of that too. Long live Eleven Rack!

Tony
Old 01-14-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi View Post
Long live Eleven Rack!

Tony

Yeah buddy !!! Really nice box
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.