Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2008, 06:45 AM

Default need help importing session data

hi folks, im wondering if you may be able to help me do this. i've got 2 sessions i need to combine(sent a session to a vocalist with a WAV file of instrumental, need to combine both sessions). if i open the vocal session, go to "import session data", and choose the tracks from the instrumental session, the tracks come up with no audio files.( or rather, the audio files are "missing"). when i try to relink them, either manually or automatically, i dont get any of the files coming up.

in the import task window where you choose the source for the audio/fade files, the fades and audio are shown in their root folder. i check those boxes, but still nothing.

in the field below that, where the audio files its trying to find are listed, it wont show the same path for each file(the original session is backed up on an external drive).

can anyone help me sort this out? thanks alot.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:59 AM

Default Re: need help importing session data

Open the other session and consolidate all the audio. Rename each track(you don't have to but it may make the rest easier) with what it is. Now with all the audio highlighted, go to the regions bin and export regions as files, and export them to the audio files folder of the vocal session. Now open the vocal session and choose import audio, go right to the regions bin and locate all your regions and import to new tracks.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-06-2008, 11:11 AM

Default Re: need help importing session data

thanks for the help, albee. i was hoping to avoid that route, as i then have to recreate all the levels, plugins, etc of the track info. but if that's the only way to do this, i guess i gotta bite the bullet.....