Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Leslie Simulators?

Hey Guys,

I've been lurking for a long time. Finally a question! I am looking for a leslie simulator. Native Instruments B4-II organ simulator boasts that the leslie function can be used as a separate plugin. I've emailed the company and received a lame response. I am primarily a guitar player who loves that sound on anything (keys, vocals, guitars, etc). Anyone out there have any experience with B4 and using the leslie effect on other tracks?

Much Thanks!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Leslie Simulators?

The B4 is indeed an amazing Leslie simulator. You can use it as an insert/effect and run anything you want through it. I use it that way a lot and can't imagine there is a better one out there.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:53 AM

Once you install B4, the B4FX shows up as an insert for you to use on a channel. Then you can use the Leslie, the overdrive, etc.

I think I have a Bomb Factory Roto-something that I've found gorgeous at times as well. I haven't used it lately so can't remember the exact name, but it came with PTLE Factory bundle I believe.

I actually love the sound of the EVB3 and it's Leslie simulator, but it can only be used in Logic. The main difference is I think the acceleration/deceleration is a better simulator than NI's. You can control speed changes in both the speaker and the horn independently, so you get a really cool phasing/doppler sound between the horn/speaker when you change from Chorale to fast. You also have a choice of different Leslie cabinet models. Very realistic.

Maybe the B4II can do this as well. I still have the original B4.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I haven't used it lately so can't remember the exact name, but it came with PTLE Factory bundle I believe.
Is it Voce? That's what I use if I need a simple effect on a guitar, sounds pretty nice and it syncs with the BPM of the session.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:23 PM

YES! Voce Spin, I believe. It's a great-sounding little plugin. Very simple with a lush sound.

I've also used Waves Mondo-Mod, but I wouldn't call it a simulator as much as a pretty wild chorus/panner/phaser kind of thing.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:07 PM

Thanks guys.

That is exactly the answer I was looking for! I agree that Digi's Voce is cool, but it's more or a chorus than a leslie. Native Instruments wasn't too helpful in their response. Thanks again!

Peace and good health!
Old 02-01-2007, 10:04 AM

Guys, I'm having trouble linking MIDI to Voce Spin to change speeds with my keyboard in real time, as I'm recording. Anyone know how to do this? Yeah, love the sound.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:03 PM

What about Guitar Rig?
San Diego, CA