Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 07:36 PM

Default \"Verificattion Failed\" Download Error

Hi,

I just upgraded to Tiger (Mac OS 10.4) and attempted to download the free 6.9.2 upgrade for PT LE (I have 6.9) and after it downloaded the file, the dmg file in my download window said "Verification failed." I did it again to make sure I used the correct registration number and the same error occurred. When I try to open it it says that it's still downloading, though the entire file has long been downloaded. Any ideas here? Yes, I'm an authorized 6.9 user--in fact, as soon as I initially input my registration number and first name all the rest of my info came up. And yes, I'm mindful of the casing and numerical "0"s. I tried it the first time leaving the spaces in the registration number, the second time as one long string, but neither seems to work.

I hope someone can help me as I'm currently unable to use PT!

Thanks!

Frank
Old 03-01-2006, 08:30 PM

Default Re: \"Verificattion Failed\" Download Error

Clear your browser cache and try the download again. The verification that is failing in this case is the verification of the .dmg file as it decompresses, not the verification of your PT registration number. If you got to the point where you could download the .dmg (which you did) then your registration number was fine.

BTW, Safari works best for the Digi downloads.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:14 PM

Hi,

I really appreciate your help with this. Unfortunately, though I did as you said (cleared my cache and redownloaded), i got the same "verification failed" error. And I have been using Safari. Am I to understand that it's successfully downloaded but I just have to figure out how to open it? Thanks again for responding to my post and any further advice you can offer--

Frank
Old 03-01-2006, 11:38 PM

Hi again,

You can scratch that last message. Interestingly, just as I finished sending that reply to your post, I had a kernel panic and had ro reboot my Mac. When I did, all three of my attempted downloads were on my desktop, and when I clicked on one, voila, it decompressed and was ready to go. I installed 6.9.2 and it works just fine. Thanks again for your help--

Frank