Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 08-17-2004, 04:17 PM

Default Problem with mixed s/r OMF from adrenaline systems

Hi all, i have a question, i dont know if it has been up for discussion in this forum before but ill ask anyway.

When i try to import OMFs from some adrenaline systems i get the error messages; PT doesnt support mixed s/r in 5.3.1 or problem determining s/r in 6.2x.

When opening the OMF in any Avid and checking s/r in the bin and media tool it appears that all audio is of same s/r 48kHz. I have tried to decompose and relink, convert, reconsolidate, consolidate and export both embedded and linked again in our 9000, symphony and adrenaline systems, but i get the same error every fxxxxxxg time i try to open the OMF in PT.

Ideas anyone? All help really appreciated. This is a daily 48 min tv-show so mixtime is money and beer...
Old 08-17-2004, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Problem with mixed s/r OMF from adrenaline systems

I've only had that problem when the Logic session which created the OMF files had mixed sample rate sound files embedded.

Try downloading the new 6.4 version with OMF fixes.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-18-2004, 07:58 AM

we've had exactly the same problem.

we discovered the cause is probably down to at least one of the sounds in your omf having been converted to the project sample rate by using the avids internal conversion utility.

Digidesign did recommend deleting the video tracks prior creating the OMF, but as our files were audio only without any video (pre-filming animation dialogue tracks!) this was obviously not the answer, although it might be for you.

Also you may be able to open the omf with either omftool or digitranslator 1 - as both these were more tolerant of error than the digitranslator 2 that is part of 6.xx. then save as a pt session that way.

good luck.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:39 AM

As Rail mentioned, there is a new cs release today that addresses OMF issues with the newer AVID systems. 6.4cs7. See if that helps you out.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:26 PM

My AVXL is not supported by 6.4.

I saw the same problem last month twice coming from an audio-only Nuendo omf export. I had to use Digitranslator 1.0. It is a shame that shortly afterwards the OS9 boot drive self destructed and took my remaining floppy authoriaztion with it. Now what do I do?
Old 08-20-2004, 03:15 PM

Thanks to you all ofr your replies and ideas, 6.4 cs7 would be great but as Richard says it is not supported with AVoptionXL.
I tried Digitranslator 1.0 and it actually worked! (Thank you lightning ad). The drawback is ofcourse that the automation gain
( rubberbands) are gone, but then i thought; nevermind, what do i get paid for....

So for the next version of adrenaline upgrade i really hope i wont have to go back to OMFTool

BTW Richard, if youre looking for digitranslator 1.0 get a [k]ed one... its easier than messing with floppies, dongles and xxxx.javascript:void(0)

Thanks again to you all..
Old 08-20-2004, 05:20 PM

Quote:
BTW Richard, if youre looking for digitranslator 1.0 get a [k]ed one... its easier
Maybe first I'll try to twist an arm at customer service and see if they can send me another one. There must be one or two still floating around, right?
Old 08-23-2004, 02:07 AM

Quote:
The drawback is ofcourse that the automation gain
( rubberbands) are gone, but then i thought; nevermind, what do i get paid for...
but that would have been missing even if you had been able to open it straight into PT. As i was told by digidesign, ProTools does not support automation via OMF. A real bummer for me, as it means i have to tracklay in Digital Performer (because i prefer it), OMF it into Protools, go through the entire show again to look for pans, etc. Instead of being able to do them when i original track the show, and hence save a days work automating prior to dubbing on a separate PT system.

adam