Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 05-04-2021, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Cannot navigate folders in Import Audio window by double-clicking them

Quote:
Originally Posted by barden View Post
Related...?

Is it just me or can you no longer exit the Import Audio dialogue box without clicking on "Open"? My muscle memory tells me that I used to be able to do so with <shift> + <command> + <w> (macOS).

Or is my muscle memory suffering the same way as the rest of my memory...

~Barden
Just use cmd-w; same as closing a single window in OSX. shift-cmd-w is used in OSX to close multiple windows.

QAPLA!
Old 05-04-2021, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Cannot navigate folders in Import Audio window by double-clicking them

Sorry folks, I should have been more clear:

I am looking for the keyboard shortcut equivalent to clicking on "Open"...that is, to go ahead and import the audio that you've got selected above.

I'm pretty sure that it used to be <shift> + <command> +<w>. I abhor clicking when I don't have to and I know I used to complete the import command somehow...

Yes, <command> + <w> closes the window but doesn't execute the import functionality that you might have "requested" above.

Yes, <esc> cancels out of the request.

Thanks again for your time in jamming this through.

~barden
Old 05-04-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barden View Post
Sorry folks, I should have been more clear:

I am looking for the keyboard shortcut equivalent to clicking on "Open"...that is, to go ahead and import the audio that you've got selected above.

I'm pretty sure that it used to be <shift> + <command> +<w>. I abhor clicking when I don't have to and I know I used to complete the import command somehow...

Yes, <command> + <w> closes the window but doesn't execute the import functionality that you might have "requested" above.

Yes, <esc> cancels out of the request.

Thanks again for your time in jamming this through.

~barden
I don't think it ever was shift/cmd/w as that's an OSX command. If you read earlier in this thread there are issues with this window.

QAPLA!
Old 05-22-2021, 04:57 AM

Any news?

What an infuriating issue. Makes importing audio from multiple folders quite cumbersome.

Import midi/session data works as it should. So I can't imagine it'd take much for Avid to sort this out.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:02 PM

What id like to know is , who actually breaks something like that? a function that was working perfectly, and then someone touched it, busted it, and then left it in the release versions? why do they continuously allow this?
Old 05-22-2021, 06:03 PM

This is exactly the reason i dont update....ive never heard a rational explanation for these kind of totally avoidable , ham fisted mistakes...
Old 05-22-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
This is exactly the reason i dont update....ive never heard a rational explanation for these kind of totally avoidable , ham fisted mistakes...
Like the way they mucked up the MIDI event list. 2019.6 was fine and it didn't get fixed until well over a year's worth of updates.

QAPLA!
Old 05-24-2021, 11:14 AM

This is insane that such a paralyzing bug has still not been addressed with a fix, since this thread started two months ago.

There used to be something called "CS Updates".
That stood for "Customer Service". Remember when that was a thing ?
Old 06-17-2021, 05:17 AM

New to HDX as of this week, on a 2009 Mac Pro flashed to 5,1, Mojave. Noticed this issue and a quick Google search led me to this thread. This issue, and some of the other things I've seen people mention that have been broken during "updates", only increase my nervousness about being on a subscription plan... The last post in here was 3 months ago. Does that mean everyone has just given up asking that this issue be fixed?
Old 06-17-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerbooty View Post
The last post in here was 3 months ago. Does that mean everyone has just given up asking that this issue be fixed?
Actually the last post prior to your's was just a few weeks ago (not three months). The first post however, was three months ago on 3/27/20201 and coincides with the 3/25/2021 release of Protools 2021.3.0. There was a small bug fix release shortly after with version 2021.3.1, but that did not address this "Cannot navigate folders in Import Audio Windows..." bug. We are awaiting the next release that will hopefully fix some of these significant bugs. Avid releases seem to come out approximately 4-6 months apart - sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. We all get frustrated waiting, but those that have been around here long enough know that Avid is not the most agile at getting releases and bug fixes out quickly. If the bug is a show-stopper for your workflow, you can revert to a previous version until the bug fix is out. This is what some users have done.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.3.1 running Protools 2024.3