Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 05-06-2021, 07:23 AM

Default What is going on?

2 years ago when I purchased Sibelius, there was an issue on my account - I had to wait a few weeks before I could get the download. Now today I purchased a Pro Tools subscription. Again, there is no pro tools 2021 software to download. One thing that truly pisses me off about Avid is their absolutely non-existent customer care. Do they only employ robots? I have not being able to get help from anyone. Their website is cryptic. Their emails are cryptic. Imagine, after purchasing software from a company, who's system is completely broken, you have to go to a forum to get help. So, can anyone here help me please?
Old 05-06-2021, 12:55 PM

Default Re: What is going on?

There may be a place in your account to get the software. Avid doesn't work in user-friendly ways like all other software developers. They try to confuse you, and send you on wild goose chases. Also, their store's response is far from instantaneous.

If you go to my.avid.com and log into your account, you'll see a button or two called "View My Products" or just "My Products." That will take you to a page that looks, at first, like it's empty of product links. One of the horizontal black bars should be called "Pro Tools." Clicking on that opens a dropdown that also does not contain download links. But it does have a turquoise blurb at the bottom that says View Software Download... Click that and wait several seconds for it to load.

It's kind of like taking a trip back to the early 2000s.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 05-06-2021, 08:24 PM

There’s a link for products not yet downloaded in your account. I would look there too.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-07-2021, 02:20 AM

Thank you for your feedback.

I am familiar with those links - the "View My Products" link was the first one I tried. Under "Pro Tools", the "View Software Downloads,.." reveals my Pro Tools 2020.5 download, which of course I already have installed. There are no 2021 versions.

Luckily I found the person who helped me 2 years ago with the Sibelius issue - she's got someone working on it.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:33 AM

AVID should have upgraded their back-end and front-end decades ago!

It's been like this forever.
No offence to engineers, but this website looks like it was designed by engineers - it feels like you're navigating through some hardware specification.

There are no natural flows. You're faced with cryptic terms that don't apply to you. What the hell is a parent group???? What the hell is a system id??? These are names they've used internally in their system - they should never reveal them to their clients. It just creates confusion and shows a complete lack of "human-ness". Then they have different fonts, different colours, different screens, different links, going to more complex mazes of confusion. Ambiguous terms possibly leading to similar things.

This is just terrible!

Please AVID! It's not that difficult to get a nice, simple, intuitive front-end, with predictable, natural paths.

Your clients are human beings. All they want is to buy software and download it. That's all.

Make an effort now!
Old 05-07-2021, 11:42 AM

100%, zactkn

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 05-07-2021, 12:59 PM

and it's slow as molasses.
all this javascript nonsense instead of a simple html download link.