Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: iLok License Surrender Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWalkerPostAudio View Post
I don't understand why there had to be two different crossgrades to PT11HD, one from PT10+CPTK and the other from PT9/10+CPTK. Both cost the same and yield the same licenses in the end. If it were simply a single choice, or at least integrated into the Avid store to check which license you own in your account prior to purchase, it would have eliminated many surrender issues for dummies like myself who were to anxious to buy into PT11HD to check if they were doing it right.

-Justin
I don't disagree, and I asked the same question. It might seem like a simple thing to do, but is not, so there have to be separate processes setup depending on which license you have to surrender.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:32 PM

It seems that much of this thread has to do w/ which upgrade to order.
So, this is my sit.,
I upgraded fr PT9 to PT 10 (after April7 013). After this upgrade, which forced me to surrender my PT9 lic. I ended up w/ ilok auth. for PT10/PT11 bundle. OK, that's fine as I was to receive the PT11 LE/Vanilla/______, as a free perk.

As a registered owner w/ ilok auth. for CPTK, I would like to know which purchasing path I use to upgrade to PT11HD ?

Just trying to avoid another frustrating snafu....

thanks in advance
PT 9/ CPTK2
VEP 5
oo2r
Old 06-27-2013, 02:35 PM

I see this order option is in the works_
thx_cheers
PT 9/ CPTK2
VEP 5
oo2r
Old 06-29-2013, 09:17 AM

Greetings guys,

I am not a good PT user, but someone I know is and he does not speak english. I was reading the forum and I could not find the answer to his problem.

He bought PT11, and is using Ilok desktop manager. He surrendered PT 9-10 bundler. Everything seemed ok (to our knowledge), but when he tried to transfer the PT 11-10 bundler to his ilok key he got into an error. The PT11 bundler has to be transferred into an ilok second generation, and he owns an ilok first generation.

Now, we understand he has to buy an Ilok second generation so PT11 can work, right?

and, He would like to go back and use PT10 until he gets the ilok second generation. How can he do that? PT10-9 bundler is unavailable (I believe because it was surrendered), and the PT11-10 bundler needs ilok 2. is it possible a way around or he is stuck without PT until he gets Ilok 2?

he lives overseas, and it is going to take him few days to get ilok 2.

I edited to ask: I was reading some of you guys have issued support tickets with Ilok and Avid. Is it something we should do also?

thanks for your time,
Old 06-29-2013, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Protools 11 has put an end to my use of Protools

Greetings guys,

I believe I understood some of the problems Im going through, but I wanted some help.

I bought PT11 not having Ilok2. Now I know I cannot transfer P11-10 bundler to my ilok since I need second gen Ilok.

Now, If I wanted to go back to PT10 using my first gen ilok, what would be the process? what should I do? My PT 10-9 bundler says it is unavailable, and PT 11-10 bundler only works with Ilok2.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Old 06-29-2013, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Protools 11 has put an end to my use of Protools

You can buy an iLok2 from Avid or from Pace and many other places.

If you really want to run PT10 without an iLok2, surrender your 10/11 license and get the 10 license.

It would be much better just to buy the iLok2.

In the future, you can save headaches by reading the system requirements before purchase.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:16 AM

Has this ilok problem been sorted out? Is it now safe to go to ilok and retrieve the PT 11 trial license?

ASUS Sabertooth, Intel i7 3820 3.6Ghz
32 GB 1600Mhz Corsair RAM
SSD 500GB Samsung
WIN 10 64bit
Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 AM

agreed.

I lived in Venezuela. It will take me a couple of days to get the ilok 2. I did not make the PT11 purchased, so I did not know about the requirements, I'm the one solving the problem dough.

If I surrender my PT11 to get back PT10, would I be able to get PT11 again when my ilok2 arrives? or would I have to pay again? I was asking this because I just wanted to use PT10 until I get the new ilok. So far, I got no PT to work.

thanks for the quick answer,
Old 06-30-2013, 10:34 PM

I too have been trying to transfer my iLok licenses from ProTools 10 with the CPTK package to the HD 10/11 crossgrade.

I am getting the message 'one or more licenses cannot be found in your account' when the licenses are clearly visible.

Having contacted iLok technical support I have received the reply: "I believe Avid has a solution to this issue. Please contact them and let me know if you are still in need of support."

Well I have looked everywhere but can't work out HOW to contact Avid support to find out 'the solution to this issue'- can someone from Avid please tell me what IS the 'solution to this issue' that iLOk technical support are referring to?

Thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 04:53 AM

Yep, I unwittingly made the same PT10/9 + CPTK blunder as so many others. I've transferred all my licenses off my old iLok onto my new iLok 2, I now have 1 x CPTK lic as well as PT 10/9 Bundle but of course purchased PT10 + CPTK to PTHD11, where to from here? I'm desperate to get PT11HD up and running!

Help Please!