Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 06-22-2021, 08:25 AM

Default Pro Tools HD10 Unable to Record Using USB Mic and ASIO4ALL

This is a first for me as I have been using pro tools so long I typically work things out on my own, but I cannot find a solution for this any where.

I am having an issue recording with Pro Tools HD10 using an AKG Lyra USB microphone. Please see below for systems information. The initial system worked perfectly, but as always, once I switched from my older windows 10 pc pro to a new windows 10 pc home, using the same exact usb mic and even the same exact pro tools HD10 with the same exact session I was using to do jingles, it now has a feedback loop when a new active track is not muted. In addition, if I mute the track and record, the new track records every track that has content. The track shows no signal from the USB mic, nor does it record anything from the USB mic. I even tried switching between Pro Tools 10 and 12 and got the same issue. I checked to ensure I had the same setting in the new computer as the old--for the ASIO4ALL, pro tools hardware, Playback engine and even the I/Os. They are all the same on both computers, yet somehow this issue will not go away no matter what I try.

I tried opening several other sessions that worked on the old system and the same issue persisted. I tried a new clean session and because there were not other tracks with content, it recorded absolutely nothing and for some reason, I got no feedback loop either when unmuted. The mic signal still did not show. I tried returning default settings in the I/Os as well. Same issue persists. I even tried both Voicemeeter Potato and Banana and neither works in pro tools for some reason. It keeps saying the "Specified cannot set the sample rate". The sample rate is set to 512 and cannot be adjusted when I click on it.

Note: I also checked all ins and outs, even though nothing changed in the sessions since they were used on the previous PC. They are all set to go out to the USB Mic (Headphones) and the Ins are set to come in from the same USB Mic, which was also the case on the old system. In the computer sound properties, it is set for the USB Mic to be the Default in and out. In the ASIO4All, the settings are the same, USB Mic in and out.

Systems information:

Initially: Dell latitude E6330 Windows 10 Pro - Pro Tools HD10; Using ASIO4All with an AKG LYRA USB microphone and headphone attached - Worked perfectly.

Recently moved to: Dell Vostro 15 3000 Windows 10 Home - Pro Tools HD10; Using ASIO4All with an AKG LYRA USB microphone and headphone attached - Issues started.

Would appreciate any assistance I can get.

Thank you.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD10 Unable to Record Using USB Mic and ASIO4ALL

I'm not sure PT10 is compatible with windows 10

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-22-2021, 03:48 PM

Did you read the entire post. I clearly indicated it was working fine on Windows 10 until I switched computers. I also clearly indicated I tried Pro Tools 12 as well. I will add that all other functions are working perfectly even now with exception to being able to record using the USB mic. That goes for both Pro Tools 10 and 12; the same exact issue using both platforms in this Windows 10 PC only as again I say it worked perfectly, including the ability to record on my other Windows 10 PC.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:52 PM

Does the AKG mic not have a windows(ASIO) driver? ASIO4ALL is mostly a band-aid and not a great(desirable) solution. I would start with checking if AKG has a driver(and remove ASIO4ALL if they do). The other thing worth a try is to make sure that Windows is not trying to use the AKG as its "Default Playback Device" because most times, if Windows and Pro Tools are both trying to use the same hardware, Windows will lock Pro Tools out(maybe your old system had a different setting than the new system).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-25-2021, 03:56 AM

Also doubt ASIO4ALL works both ways (in and out at the same time)

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————