Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2004, 08:04 PM

Default mute or solo bug?

anyone have this problem. while playing back a session i hit solo. the track goes into solo, but when i hit solo again the other tracks don't start playing. same goes for mute. even if i have only one track of audio and i hit mute, the track mutes, but when i hit it again it doesn't start playing.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:14 PM

Default Re: mute or solo bug?

If you have 'mute frees voice' selected, there will be a delay before an unmuted track will play again. It's possible that your machine is so bogged down that this delay is longer than you'd like, so it seems like it isn't unmuting.

Try unselecting mute frees voice and see if this changes anything. If this isn't the case, I haven't seen this bug before. What version and platform are you on? What hardware?

Take care,

-monte-
Old 12-06-2004, 12:07 PM

pretty wierd one. check your preferences and see if latch solo is enabled.

also, make sure you didnt apple option click the mute or solo buttons. that throws it into a solo or mute SAFE mode.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Avid

Hi,

What version of Pro Tools are you running? Please post some more details about your system. Does this happen in all sessions or just one? When this happens and you toggle to output assignment of the track does it begin to play back again. I would try using import session data to bring the tracks from the session/s having the problem into a new empty session to see if it resolves the issue. Let us know what you find,
Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support
Old 12-06-2004, 05:40 PM

i have a g5 2.0 processor / 2gb ram / os 10.3.5 / hd core card / (2) 96 i/0. i was running pt ver. 6.4 when the problem started, so i upgraded to ver. 6.6 (i have a mojo box) but the problem persists. i do not have mute free assigned voices checked. i have tried import session data but still have same issue. the problem just started recently. older sessions work fine, but newly created ones have this issue. i have reseated the pci card, trashed digi preferences, fixed permissions. one thing to note, if i enable loop record, when the session hits the end of the selected audio and starts playing from the beginning of the loop point, all tracks play fine. again, this happens with mute and solo.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:08 PM

another thing i've noticed is, when i press mute and then mute again, the audio doesn't start playing. but when the playback line gets to a new audio clip, it will start playing. what i can't understand is why this is happening on new sessions only. i can't get the problem to happen on older sessions.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 AM

i am starting to think the problem is my current i/o settings are corrupt. i was able to import session data and with new settings the problems goes away. is it possible that corrupt i/o settings could cause this type of error?
Old 12-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Avid

Hi,

Is this a G5 dual 2.0 GHz? Also are there other HD cards in the system? What kind of audio drives are you using? Does it happen in session without video? Pro Tools 6.6 with Mojo has some very specific compatibility requirements you should double check the components in your system to make sure they are supported. If your system checks out and you have a method to reproduce this that is 100% e-mail the steps here . This kind of thing is hard to trouble shoot on the DUC you may also want to contact us directly via telephone. You can find our contact information here .

Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support