Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 05:40 AM

Default im new here and have a few ?\'s

im a newbie here, i just got into protools( digi 002 rack factory, command 8 , and focusrite octopre w/adat card, on a 2.8 gig pc w/800 mhz fsb 120 gig system drive 160 gig audio drive ( both sata) 1.5 gig's a ram , and have a few ?'s .(1)after the initial install i went to do the free upgrade to 7.3 and it said to un install 7.1 in order to install 7.3 , so i did , and now i have no help files . did i do something wrong here , or do i need to re-install 7.3 ? (2) when creating a template how do i show pro tools to use the adat inputs for my drums( focusrite octo pre w/adat ) they dont show up in the input drop down. thanx for any help as it is and always will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Re: im new here and have a few ?\'s

Thats a glitch in 7.3 you can launch the help files from start all programs Digidesign Documention
For the adat Launch protools Go to setup, hardware, Optical format ADAT, Clock Sourcs OPTICAL
You will need to get the Command /8 online Go into setup Peripherals , Midi Controllers,
Type= Command/8, Recieve from = C/8, Send to = C/8 Surface, #Channels 8, this will get your Command/8 online
I would install the 7.3.1cs1 to get the lastest updates 7.3 was causing data loss You go to dgidesign
for this http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?query=7.3.1 or the cs updates http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=23300
Old 02-22-2007, 10:09 AM

thanx jack that helps alot i realy appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
how do i show pro tools to use the adat inputs for my drums( focusrite octo pre w/adat ) they dont show up in the input drop down.
Well they should..as inputs 9-16. If you don't see them, click on "default".
Once you able to select them (they must be active) you could re-name them as well, if you wish.

good luck
a

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring