Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-20-2005, 08:36 AM

Default DIGI FEEDBACK: \'Real Time\' Bounces-Time Effective?

Would you like to do more work quicker? Do you hate having to sit there waiting for your project to bounce (render) a mix in 'Real Time'? Do you have to use a different DAW software to do work that is 'By The Pound' because Pro Tools takes too long to bounce files out?

I do - and am surprised that Pro Tools is one of the only DAW softwares that does this (that I know of). Most every program that uses 'Real Time' plug-ins bounces mixes out much, much faster - not in 'Real Time'. Thus, making Pro Tools less efficient when time is money.

The reason for this post is to give Digi a small idea as to how many of us would feel that this would be a GREAT enhancement to what I feel is the best DAW software program currently available. I realize that not everyone that uses PT's visits the forum or would see this post but it may give them a glimps. I thoroughly enjoy working with PT but I cannot do my 'bread and butter' productions with it because it would increase my production time dramatically.

If you feel the same way please go to this link and let Digi know. Maybe the more people that let them know the more they will take a closer look at this. They don't have to take away 'Real Time' bounces but simply make it a selectable option if you would like to bounce (render) your file faster.

Go to this link and quickly fill in the form letting Digi know.

THE LINK IS: http://www.digidesign.com/support/forms/feature/

ALSO, IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS PLEASE MAKE A QUICK REPLY TO THIS POST JUST AS A GAUGE....THANKS.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Re: DIGI FEEDBACK: \'Real Time\' Bounces-Time Effective?

Although real-time bounces allow for use of outboard processing, it would be nice to add fast rendering,
allowing the user the choose the right option according to needs.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: DIGI FEEDBACK: \'Real Time\' Bounces-Time Effect

I Hate The Real Time Bouncing! I'm a dj and I use Pro tools to record my sets sometimes - which are usually 1-2 hrs - having to wait this length of time just to put your mix on a CD is ridiculous. And If I want to break up the mix into tracks so I can skip around on my finished CD, I have to sit by the computer for two hours bouncing song after song. I would definitely like to see some type of quick bounce option.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: DIGI FEEDBACK: \'Real Time\' Bounces-Time Effective?

I'm with you, would love to see the end of real time bouncing. If you're using outboard gear then is could certainly be a selectable option. Also all in favour of being able to bounce with cue points recognizable by Toast or Jam say "Aye!)
And as a nice added bonus what about integrating a burning program that works as an audiosuite plug-in right from Pro Tools.

RF