Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2009, 02:10 PM

Default Sync HD having intermittent internal locking issues

I'm setting up a new HD 2 system running PT 8.0.1. I have a 192 and a Sync HD hooked up. I believe everything was working fine until I ran the firmware update for the Sync HD. Supposedly, the update ran successfully. But now the "Locked" LED flashes very intermittently. In other words, it stays solid green for 10-15 seconds, then switches off for a split second before staying solid green again. This happens even when Internal/VSO is the Clock Reference, which is the strangest thing.

Here's another thing, might be a stupid question, but if I switch my Clock Reference to Loop Sync, why does the Clock Source automatically switch to the 192. I thought the Sync HD should be the default Loop Master when using Loop Sync as well.

In the session, I will intermittently get a pop-up saying that the Sync HD is unlocked, then as soon as I hit OK, another pop-up will show that the Sync HD is now locked. Obviously something strange is going on, because the pop-ups are very intermittent, and happen when no changes have been made.

Anyway, I've tried updating the firmware again. Funny thing about that is the .syh file in my SYNC HD folder is 232 KB, but the downloaded .syh file from Digi's website is 248 KB. I don't know if this discrepancy means anything, but it's also weird that I can't choose the downloaded .syh file as my Sync HD firmware, I must choose the file already located in the SYNC HD folder.

I apologize for such a long post. Besides updating the firmware again, I've also tried restoring Factory Settings, replacing the BNC cables, and reseating the serial cable. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!