Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2014, 01:02 PM

Default Pitch II AAX DSP and latency

I'm grateful AVID ported Pitch II to AAX, especially the DSP version. But to be honest, it's kind of pointless because of its latency of more than 2000 samples. There's not much of a difference in latency between the DSP and the native version.

I used to use that plug in for on-the-fly key changes in recording sessions and low latency is the key here. Could AVID please release a version of Pitch II that offers a latency of under 100 samples? That would be AWESOME! Right now the only plug in I found that will shift a stereo playback with reasonsble quality and a latency of around 300 samples is the Eventide H3000 plug in - AAX native only, but still a lot more useful because of its low latency.

Thanks